“Breakfast buffet = a few buns in a bread basket.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Familienhotel Austria

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rohrmoos-Untertal
Familienhotel Austria
You added Familienhotel Austria to your Saves list
Rohrmooserstrasse 133 | Rohrmoos, Rohrmoos-Untertal, Schladming 8971, Austria   |
Umea, Sweden
“Breakfast buffet = a few buns in a bread basket.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Through the years I've had the opportunity to visit most of Austria's top ski resorts and many of its smaller and less well known ones too. I've stayed at hundreds of hotels and pensions. From B&B to four star hotel, I've nearly always been met by warm, friendly and service minded proprietors and staff.

Little did I expect to encounter my worst hotel experience in Austria in the ski resort Schladming. A ski area which I otherwise thoroughly recommend. No matter how late in the season the skiing here is always excellent.

The nonchalant treatment I received as the sole hotel guest at the Familienhotel Austria and the services and facilities that the hotel claimed to offer, which I also payed for, but did not provide (such as a sauna and a breakfast buffet) really tainted my experience of the ski resort this year.

The only service minded person in the hotel was what seemed to be the proprietors daughter who offered me the use of her personal laptop when the Internet computer that the hotel offered it's guests didn't work (like so much else in the hotel).

Now, you would perhaps think that if a hotel during low season does not provide the full services and facilities it is asking its guests to pay for, it will do one of to things, it will either offer a price deduction as compensation or not receive guests at all. In the case of Familienhotel Austria I would recommend the latter.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Families
Business

Been to Familienhotel Austria? Share your experiences!