“GREAT FOOD!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We're neer better served than by himself!New :In front of "Les Halles", Tootch (Sébastien) & Mala (Myriam) make you discover a new concept : Butchery-Restaurant! Principle is simple, you buy your meet by weight (Entrecote, Cote de Boeuf, Onglet, Bavette, etc...). It will be cooked "à la Plancha" and served with accompagniment of your choice. If you don't like Beef, you can taste Magret de Canard or Souris d'Agneau, Pizza or Homemade-Buger you'll not be disappointed ;-)Finally, finish with gourmand'touch of homemade-dessert by Mala. Unique Concept in France : Tootch propose you "Self-service Beer table". You serve yourself around a special table (as a real Barman) and you pay quantity of Beer according to your consumption!Word of the end : Wait until you cross the river before telling the crocodile has bad mouth ;-)
Santa Rosa, CA
“GREAT FOOD!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

You've got to stop in to Hall '86 Cafe if you're in Chatillon-sur-Chalaronne, France. Perhaps you may even want to go out of your way to visit the cafe! You will not regret your decision.

We were greeted by the owner who explained everything in perfect English (we speak very little French), as well as the staff and a few patrons who all seemed like finding family abroad.

The chef who studied with an award-winning pizza chef was fantastic and made us two very tasty gourmet dinners. The next time I'm in France, I intend to stop by for more culinary delights.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hall86Cafe, Gérant at Hall'86 Cafe, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Hey, how are you dear Liz&Jan ?
I perfectly remember you. You were in my Brasserie a Thursday evening (approximately 2 weeks ago). 1 Salad and 2 Pizz (or 1 Pizz and salads), no ?
Really cool to took time to write something about us on TripAdvisor and especially great comments ;-)
During summer period, we've a lot of foreigner in Chatillon sur Chalaronne. I hope (and I believe) your comment will motive them to come on, visit us and... Enjoy it, like you ;-)
Come on to visit us again, it will be a great pleasure for my team and me ;-)
Br