“Solid Asian food with a French twist” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Solid Asian food with a French twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have lived in HK for 6 years, Philippines for 2 and travelled extensively around Asia - I've had my fair share of Asian food. In Asia (or London for that matter where you can get world class Asian food) this would be an average place but given it's lovely location and the really good service I've given it a very good. Some of the reviews on here are a little gushing for what it is but if you need your Asian food fix and are getting a little bored of the same tastes each night it's a nice place to mix it up. We had a mix of all the starters which was good - lots of deep fried spring rolls etc, then we went for the beef and sizzling prawns/squid. It's not really a sharing place, which is how i like to eat Asian food but we mixed it up and both mains were solid enough but if you eat Asian food all the time you won't be blown away. We'd come again if we were in town for a while again and needed some Asian flavours. I also want to try the Indian place in St Trop which I have heard is good for taste bud variation.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Amazing Prawns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We tried eating here & it was fully booked with locals which we took as an excellent recommendation so immediately booked for following night at 8pm! They had saved 2 tables for us - inside & under the exterior canopy! Good job as all the remaining inside tables were taken by French! We had a great meal with good local wine & excellent service! The mixed platter starter had the most amazing battered prawn- in still dreaming of it!
Yes we shall return & will ordered them as a main dish !

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hereford, United Kingdom
“First-rate Asiatic Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Simply the best Asiatic cuisine I have experienced, all beautifully cooked and presented, and a charming hostess, friendly without being intrusive - just right. I cannot account for the negative review posted here, except "there's always one..." Other review sites - try Nomao.fr - confirm this is an excellent restaurant and I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited October 2011