“Fantastic food and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Helsingborg, Sweden
“Fantastic food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We passed by this little restaurant which is run by two lovely ladies at lunch time and there were quite a few people eating (which we always think is a good sign) and after looking at the menu and prices booked a table for our evening meal. Great food, we took the small 3-course menu and a bottle of local rosé from La Croix Valmer. The lady serving was so nice and friendly and just looking at the other food that other guests ordered made us reserve a table for the next evening too!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Stockholm, Sweden
“Good for fish and shellfish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We have been to this restaurant before and went back because we liked it 2 years ago. It was good now too, in 2014. We had Moules Farcies as a starter. Tasty. My wife had salmon as the main course. Big portion. Perfectly grilled. I had dourade, also that one grilled and tasted wonderful. As a desert we both had Tarte Tatin, mad by a local Patiserie. Good, that one too.

The only thing we could complain about was that the bottle of house rosé wine was served without an ice bucket (or cooler).

Good service, slowing down towards 21.00 when the restaurant was almost full.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sweden
“Avoid !!! avoid !!! Horrible !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have just tasted one of the most Horrible dishes in my life!!! while staying on holiday in St tropez we decided to take a tour around the neighbourhood, our son of 5 years got very hungry so we stopped her were there were many restaurants, picked the wrong one ;( .

I orderd fois Gras wich was acceptable (a 4 on a 10 scale), my son got nuggets with I do not know what in them but it looked like the cheapest garbage you can buy but the Horrible dish was my wifes fishsoup that smelled and tasted and looked like if you took 5 days old fish leftovers , put them in a mixer and added what spices you had to try to cover it. I Honestly do not think I can eat fishsoup for a year now.

My son did not either eat the nuggets and we would not have let him either. I finished half the Fois Gras but when my Wifes fishsoup came, I stopped eating and we asked for the bill.
The waitress asked if she was not hungry since we did not touch it ? I politly explaind that we did not like it.
Got the bill (had to pay for the crap) and ran away ready to puke.

DONT go there

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London
“French Farce”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

This restaurant is one of a number that caters to tourists in Cavalaire. It is run by and team of women but unfortunately, despite the appeal of the sailor's cabin, it's totally chaotic. My wife and I waited for over an hour to be told that despite ordering a cold starter, and a steak (there are only cold starters), we would have to wait another 30 minutes for the food. The restaurant (not suprisingly) was not full but they seemed to prioritorise ice cream sundaes above all else. In the end we ended up leaving and getting a takeaway. Normally one would expect an apology or a free class but Madame just offered a gallic shrug and a bill for the water and wine we had consumed. C'est la vie

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere