“A sure reference point if you like good fish” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Milan, Italy
“A sure reference point if you like good fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

If your idea of good food is fish & chips or hamburger & salad, please go elsewhere or you will be disappointed.
I have been there with my wife last August, as I always do if I happen to be within 100 km from this place (unfortunately only once a year or even less).
Although we arrived for dinner without reservation (an hazard in peak season) we were given a very nice accomodation (in fact all the place is in a good location, in a pedestrian area and next to the piers of the "port de plaisance").
The strong point of this place is oysters & "coquillages", so my wife had some of them (excellent, but I do not like them) and then we both had other fish plates, all very good.
There was personnel in good number, kind and efficient as suitable for a place of this standing, and waiting time was reasonable (in 5 minutes you can just take something from the fridge and pun it in the microwave).
This place is not cheap; newertheless we feel it is worth its price (we are well aware that good fresh fish has a price, especially in high season) and will return again at the next opportunity.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Appalling”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Worst meal I've had in years. Fish soup tasted like someone had boiled my son's sports kit for several hours in a vat of diesel oil. Moule saltier than the sea, but no other disernable taste. My son had grilled squid which looked and tasted like still born voles. Entire meal repulsive. Avoid.

Visited August 2013
“Overpriced food of mediocre quality with arrogant staff ignoring the customers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant with a party of four. From the start, the arrogant waitress made us ferl uncomfortable - taking our orders without the move of a facial muscle after 30 minutes of waiting time.

Spending several hundred Euros, we had expected that someone would pour the wine into our glasses, but both wine and water bottle were dumped onto our table without comments, leaving further service to us. Asking for better service did not help.

Food was slightly cold in my case. We were served at different times over 20 minutes apart. My desert, apple pie, was too tough to eat. Our bill had several items we did not book. We will certainly never return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hampshire UK
“A very enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We were staying in the Port of Cavalaire-Sur-Mer and decided to try L'Emeraude for dinner. It looks rather a formal restaurant with colour co-ordinated furnishings and staff. However, we enjoyed very courteous and efficient service and an extremely good dinner. We shall certainly return when visiting the Port in future.

• Visited June 2011