“No frills but very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Premier Inn Burgess Hill
Charles Avenue, Burgess Hill, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Burgess Hill
London, United Kingdom
“No frills but very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here on business for one night and was very pleased at what you get for the price. Reception was very professional, hotel was clean throughout and the double room was a good size with decent amenities.
There are very few other options in Burgess Hill, its either this or guest houses so I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I hadn't stayed in a Premier Inn for a number of years as when I travel budget I tend to choose Travelodge. This hotel was recommended to me by family living nearby as it was well located for a family party.

My reasons for previously choosing Travelodge over Premier Inn were always based on cost but with many Travelodges' now beoming a bit tired and in need of a makeover I was intrigued to see how Premier Inn would compare.

Got the room for £29 on an advance booking which didn't include breakfast but at that price I wouldn't expect it. If I had wanted breakfast I could have added it for around £8.25.

The hotel and room was superior in all ways to all of the Travelodges that I had previously stayed in. Check-in was fast, efficient and friendly. My room was spacious, warm, clean and comfortable. The bathroom equally so although, minor quibble, the shower soap dispenser was empty.

Soap dispenser apart, the only thing that disappointed, and again this is a very minor thing, was the lack of biscuits in the room! Not sure if this is Premier Lodge policy or whether they were just missing. Hardly the end of the world though.

On a slightly more serious note I was disappointed that after returning from the party late at night there were two cars parked in the disabled bays not displaying blue badges. I queried this with the night porter at reception and his reply was that it was company policy whereby cars did not need to display badges which seemed a little strange.

All in all I would certainly consider staying at a Premier Inn again and, providing I get a good price, would choose over a Travelodge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

A new property for Preier Inn with a Beefeater restaurant alongside. Not a wide range of food offering for the vegetarians amonst us.
The rooms are what you expect from a Premier Inn - Bed, Bathroom, Tea/coffee and a TV. really could do with a more comfortable chair in them, although the rooms were spotless.
The rooms are a bit noisy from the air-con and there is not a lot you can do about it as the windows do not open and the air-con is the control for the temperature in the rooms. This is all part of the 'green' hotel.
It is a very handy hotel for my office and somewhere my work colleagues and i stay when we meet for meetings. Tesco is very close if you don't want to spend £8.50 for a breakfast, as this can be an expensive scambled eggs on toast, if that all you want.

Room Tip: check the room rate when you book. you may be luck and get a room for £19. Book early if you can as...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
bearsden glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

as other relatives were staying with my son and family over christmas, we opted to sleep at the Premier Inn and spend the days at the family's home. It was very good. Our room looked as if it had never been used. All corridors etc were immaculate. Staff were very pleasant. Took family for lunch on boxing day and range of menu was very good. children were well catered for. I did not know i could have had a discount as a resident. No noise at night apart from a few residents returning late one night. The location is not attractive for a holiday, but if you have friends or family nearby it is ideal. bed was large and very comfy. bedding lovely. No problems at all. great night's sleep every night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were lucky enough to get one of the £19 offer rooms, (tip; not always best to book in advance, so check rates again before the arrival date) - we had to cancel our original booking and rebook to get it!
Staff at this hotel are excellent, they are friendly, helpful, polite and professional. The rooms are clean and modern and we were very happy with the location as it is close to Brighton (where we had to be) and the car park is large and free. The food (dinner and breakfast) in the adjoining Beefeater restaurant was excellent and very good value - the lady who is in charge of the seating for for the restaurant is always welcoming and smiling, which is just what you want on a grey morning - thanks again to everyone for a pleasant stay, we will be back again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sutton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My son & I stayed at Burgess Hill Premier Inn as we were working long shifts at our place of work, close by. I thought the 2 nights I booked was very reasonably priced @ £58. We were unable to take advantage of the breakfast due to our shift times so I'm unable to comment on this but colleagues who have stayed here have highly recommended it. The room was very clean, functional. Beds & pillows very comfortable & room at a comfortable temperature. In fact my son said it was the best nights sleep he has had in a long time. The twin room was a reasonable size and had a modern bathroom.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

9 miles out of Brighton. A nearby train station. Direct route to the Brighton Park and Ride. This is an ideal place to stay if a city centre hotel isn't required. Friendly staff. Great rooms. On-site Harvester for breakfast, other meals and drinks. We booked for a few days before Christmas on a £19 a night offer which was amazing value for 3 people.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn Burgess Hill? Share your experiences!