“Maximum satisfaction” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palace of the Golden Horses

You added Palace of the Golden Horses to your Saves list
Palace of the Golden Horses
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Kuda Emas | Mines Resort City, Sri Kembangan 43300, Malaysia   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sri Kembangan
Cabarita Beach, Australia
“Maximum satisfaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We returned to the Palace after having stayed there 2 years ago. To our surprise the staff all remembered us and treated us like we the most important guests that they had ever had. It is evident that all guests receive that high level of treatment, the staff really go the extra yard to make your stay a most enjoyable one. The rooms are clean and spacious and the beds are extra comfortable. Travelling with a disabled child can have its complications but the staff at the Palace make it so easy, they really make her feel respected and special. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone, I know I'll be staying there again. The experience was so grand we cried when it was time for us to leave.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Mrs. Wayne

Warmest Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay here with us.

We are delighted that your experience during your stay here with us at the Palace Of The Golden Horses had lived up to your expectations and we would like to take this opportunity to express our heartfelt thanks for your feedback.

Once again, thank you Mrs. Wayne for your support and patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back to Palace Of The Golden Horses.

Best regards,
Francis Alberto
Manager, Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
Shah Alam, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel is good overall except for a smelly washroom. i first entered my washroom, i noticed it was smelly especially at the toilet bowl area, i immediately called for cleaner to clean my washroom especially that particular toilet bowl area. however, the fresherner smell just last for couple of minutes after the cleaner left and the bad smell retained, so i suppose they never clean it thoroughly.
There is a Japanese restaurant in the hotel which serve quite delicious jap. food and they serve buffet dinner every saturday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PGHMines, Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Ms. Too,

Greetings from Palace of the Golden Horses!

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you received during your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and am very sorry that the room cleanliness makes you upset.

Rest assured, this is not standard of service that the hotel is renowned for and I have taken the time to discuss the issues highlighted with the team members, ensuring the team focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests in the Palace of the Golden Horses.
Once again, our sincerest apologies and we hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Regards,
Francis Alberto
Manager, Operations
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here a couple years back, and revisited again last week after Australia and Singapore.

I am most happy to see that the rooms have been refurbished and the hotel kept a record of my last stay. The newly refurbished rooms are very spacious, clean and calming. I received a room facing the lake, which was great to wake up to.

This is not a city hotel which is walking distance to high-street shopping, but a hotel that is very corporate, events, and lately I can see that they are putting a lot of emphasis into "wellness" elements. I applaud hotels that truly try to make a difference in the variety of services and facilities they provide.

I am happy to see that this luxury hotel with so much history is putting effort into upgrading and keeping up with times. Definitely a hidden gem of Kuala Lumpur.

Room Tip: Request for a room facing the lake if possible. Check out the health facility located at a wing of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PGHMines, General Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear CDStern,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Palace of the Golden Horses. We appreciate your positive comment about overall stay experience. Thanks for sharing your feedback regard to our refurbished rooms , wellness and the cleanliness.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future if you're in KL.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed with my family at the Palace of the Golden Hordes Hotel in December 2012. I had booked two standard rooms, and then when we checked in, we found out that one room with an extra bed was enough. The rooms are large and clean, and the furniture is well maintained.
The hotel is located in the Mines region, about 20 minutes away from downtown Kuala Lumpur. We really enjoyed our stay there. The scenery, the calm and the stuff were all good elements that made our holiday a great experience. The only drawback was the meager breakfast. The architecture of the hotel and its location are stunning. We enjoyed the breathtaking views of the lake, the swimming pool, and the green landscape from our lake-view bedroom.
There is a mall nearby which can be reached either by land or water. We opted for the latter option and were greatly delighted of the experience.

Room Tip: lake-view room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PGHMines, General Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Khaled A

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel, we are happy to hear you had enjoyed your stay with us . We certainly look forward to your return soon.

Take care and be well

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have a time share and we swapped for this hotel and I am so glad we did, it was amazing, the hotel is just beautiful, the staff were friendly, the onsite restaurant were fabulous. If you go you have to have high tea, it was well worth it!

Also take the boat over the to shopping complex it is well worth the few dollars.

It is a short trip from central Kuala lumpur, they provide a bus service several times a day that is free and the shopping in Malaysia is really really good. Well worth it!

Room Tip: aim for a room on the third floor to avoid the noise, if you need anything just ask they will bring...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Caspernoz,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay experience at Palace of the Golden Horses. I am delighted to hear that the staff friendliness and you found the amenities of the property to your liking and will share this feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I never quite like staying in a city hotel as holiday = away from the hustle bustle of city traffic madness! I heard about Palace of the Golden Horses through a close friend who recently received a complimentary voucher after attending a health management programme at the health screening centre in the hotel. Since my friend stays in Malacca, she gave me the voucher to use since I planned to come up to KL with my boyfriend for some shopping but knowing we hate noisy environment!

The first impression we got upon arriving at the lobby was "WOW, we felt like king and queen in a huge palace"! 2 hotel staff were standby at the lobby door, wearing a warm smile ready to greet us! We were so humbled by the experience...and the aromatic smell as you entered the lobby was a bonus point.

The check-in took a little time though, but hey, it was during check-out time around 12 noon so it was totally understandable. They put us at the West Wing overlooking the freeway, but hey, we are not complaining since there was no traffic noise from the room. The room was cosy and clean (a MUST to me) with equipped amenities expected of a 5-star hotel. Loved the bathtub too (*wink)!

The hotel is quite secluded, but we liked it as it provided the serenity we needed. There are about 6 F&B outlets in the hotel so we didn't have to hunt for food. Try Side Walk Cafe right next to the lobby -- fantastic latte and selection of pastries! And oh, try the fabulous Dim Sum at the Chinese restaurant (I believe it's called Kim Ma)....chunky and yummy! Don't mind the slightly higher price as quality is more important...

If you have a car, there is a decent shopping mall just couple of minutes away or go for a nice spa in the hotel. All in all, this hotel is IDEAL if you're looking for great comfort, quiet setting & grand environment. To us, this is truly a GIFT from a dear friend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RmenziesPGH, General Manager at Palace of the Golden Horses, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear sisnieC

Thank you for your valuable feedback and delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The team works hard to deliver an exceptional service and we are glad that we have done so on this occasion. We look forward to your return visit.

M
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My company was invited to attend a meeting in Golden Horses Health Sanctuary. I was surprised that the health screening centre is actually located inside this hotel. How convenient. I booked a room to stay a night there as our meeting is quite late in the evening.

The hotel actually looks great from the outside itself. In front of the hotel is actually a horse racing turf and the surroundings are beautiful with lots of greens. The lobby is really nice and front desk service is excellent.

I was surprised when I checkout other's reviews about this hotel. Maybe this hotel already improved everything? I find my room really well equipped and everything is in place and in order unlike some reviews I read. The hotel has good restaurants in it like Japanese, Chinese and an Indian restaurant as well.

The hotel has a health screening centre in it and located minutes away from a shopping centre. If you are looking for a good hotel in Kuala Lumpur, this will be the best choice. Great food varieties, excellent service, well equipped hotel rooms and great view inside and outside the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear FongSiaYuk,

Thank you for your “review and valuable feedback of palace of the golden horses. The team works hard to deliver a memorable experience and we are glad to know we have done so on this occasion.
I personally thank you for your recommendation of the hotel and our offerings. The team looks forward to your return visit.

M

Been to Palace of the Golden Horses? Share your experiences!