There were no keys provided for any of the bedrooms . Therefore there was no way of securing our valuables during the day or ensuring personal safety of guests at night . When we asked for keys we were advised " we don't use keys for the rooms in the property".
If you are looking for an authentic French experience , then this is probably not for you. Whilst it is a nice touch that breakfast consists of home made bread and jams, there were no French style pastries , bread or coffee that could have been reasonably expected in a French B&B.
Whilst it is acknowledged that the property is a old building , it was in need of a good clean and some basic maintenance . The forest house and verandah in particular at the rear of the property was in dire need of some attention as there were loose steps and decking boards above a man made pond and the area was very unkept and quite unsafe.
The conservatory area was not clean and we did not feel comfortable sitting in it.
On reading other less than favorable reviews on this property , it is expected that Bill will defensively comment to this review . It is not our intention to be critical or unkind , rather then to inform other potential guests of the reality of this property .
Bill was quite intrusive at times . Whilst a lot of guests enjoy the amount of interaction with the owners , it needs to be appreciated that some people like to be able to hold conversations and relax around the property without the owner appearing at every opportunity . He was very keen to recommend local restaurants and cellars which was fine but he was very pushy about-it and critical of any of our plans that did not involve his personal contacts .
Hopefully Bill and Meredith will take this review as constructive feedback and consider giving the property a spruce up and maintaining it in a clean manner, which we note they said they would do in a 2012 review prior to the 2013 season. This property has the potential to be outstanding with some attention to cleanliness and some minor maintenance.
- Also Known As:
- Champagne Hotel Reuilly-Sauvigny
- Champagne Hotel
- Champagne Bed And Breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meredith and Bill, a well-traveled American couple, enjoy sharing their four bedroom B&B with guests from around the world. Breakfast conversation is invariably lively. The Champagne B&B is in a 150 year old stone farmhouse situated between forest and vineyards of the Marne River valley, near Epernay and Reims, and an hour east of Paris. It is in the same village, Reuilly-Sauvigny, as a highly regarded restaurant, awarded one star by Michelin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Champagne B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.