“Lovely, relaxing holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Aeolos Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Main Street | Perama Gastourion, Perama 49100, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Perama

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Newcastle Upon Tyne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Positives - short transfer from the airport, beautiful views across to Greek mainland, very tasty pizzas from the beach restaurant.
Negatives - having to push my suitcase up the steep hill on arrival, having to push my suitcase (again) from the minibus to my room (upstairs) room was small, painted such a dark green we had to keep the lights on, no drawers in the room (616) to put swimwear/underwear so lived out of my case, water from the shower changed temperature very quickly to scalding hot - beware!
Other niggles unfortunately - beach towels were more like old worn out, small bath towels which had been dyed, not impressed with the food in the main restaurant, same things each night and it felt more like a canteen than a restaurant. The queues were ridiculous at times to get in.Beer was flat most of the time, cocktails weren't the best and certainly didn't look like cocktails other than the colour. There were 2 beautiful dogs who belonged to the hotel but I didn't like the fact they were allowed to go into the pool, actually paddling, maybe a bowl of water could've been provided for them to save them lapping up pool water? Could be why no kids were swimming! I thought the reception staff tried hard to be helpful but the bar staff quite rude at times and disinterested, the girls collecting glasses usually had a smile but that was it.
It's probably ok for Greek standards but I'll be returning to Tunisia or Egypt in future where the service and standards are out of this world - and cheaper!
Last thing - wouldn't bother with Thomas Cook reps, waste of space and when returning home, don't bother queuing outside the airport in the heat like they want us too, get in and queue at the check in desk straight away because it takes hours to get through - will be a nightmare in summer.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here last month but have only just gotten around to writing a review. Well what an amazing place. I will be coming here for years to come. I can't wait to go back. The staff are unbelievably nice. When we arrived we'd be upgraded to a better bungalow which was quiet and we felt the best location on the resort... Sirocco part. The scenery is break taking. So peaceful and picturesque. The interior of our bungalow was stunning. It was absolutely spotless too.

We informed the hotel before arriving that we are vegans and we would appreciate if there could be some options for us too but we weren't expecting anything fancy or great effort to be made just for us. WOW when we arrived we got a call right away asking us what they could make for us. I was so impressed. When we first came in the Chef came out and was so sweet. His name is Grēgorios if I remember correctly it is spelt that way(sorry if not) He showed us what he had that was safe for us to eat and if there was anything he could make for us especially. He did this every day for meal times without fail. We got on so well with him. Such an amazing soul really kind, funny and always a smile on his face. We fell in love with everything here. One evening he asked one of his chefs to make a dessert for us especially as we could usually only eat the fruit. It was absolutely delicious in a big wine glass for us to share. The staff are amazingly polite and professional. The food is sooo tasty and not at all bland like many all inclusive places. I like they're not afraid to use flavours as they want to cook it. I feel so many places play it far too safe and don't want to offend any senses with strong flavours. That sucks. But here wow delicious food. Always had variety. This hotel really goes the extra mile.

What is really special about this hotel especially is the staff have been here for years some decades. It says a lot I feel. You can see how well it is run from years of working together. I was informed they're friends out of work they are like a big family. You could see how happy the staff are and it really makes all the difference. The only thing I experienced while staying at this hotel that was negative is some of the guests. They were rude and right misery guts. Mostly the French (no surprises there) lol. They were shaking their heads at my partner and I in disgust for feeding the stray hotel cats. Pushing into people at dinner times and just bring a general negative vibe to a very sunny atmosphere. I'm like what the heck is wrong with you?? It is all inclusive and you can't grab a couple of plates of food to feed an animal? Awful people. I met some nice French guests too of course but some real sour pusses here also. The hotel doesn't seem to have any issues with the resident strays here and have been informed they feed them when they can too. I would still encourage others to help them out as the staff are extremely busy making everyone's stay pleasant and the staff are fine with guests feeding them. There's around 6 cats and a very shy fluffy big dog. PLEASE have a heart and give them some water and food. It isn't much to ask and they are very sweet. My partner fell in love with an older kitten... a tabby. He's very playful and intelligent.

I genuinely can't fathom any of these negative reviews I've seen. It is astonishing. I would consider myself quite picky, critical and have high standards when it comes to staying places. I take forever to pick a hotel and I was so glad it paid off here. I just don't get why anyone would find fault with the place. I guess there's no pleasing some people.

There is a couple of shops within the hotel. Everything is very reasonably priced and both shop keepers are super nice and enjoy having a little chat too. Very warm people all round in this area and hotel.

The view from the bars is fabulous. Complete panoramic views. The beach is lovely... it was a tad bit cold for swimming for us but in warmer months I imagine it is glorious. The restaurant on the beach is a nice touch and added bonus. The food is tasty and the chefs knew what a vegan was and advised us what he could make. So all in all it was a wonderful stay and we will have fond memories for time to come. Also we can't wait to go back. Thank you Aeolos Beach Resort for a very memorable stay, keeping up the wonderful work. You do it so well.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

visited this hotel in may for 2 weeks all inclusive.this hotel covers a very large area and as explained in the hotel information is not ideal for the elderly or infirm,although there is help by the use of a mini bus to escort you to parts of the hotel.
the hotel has a mixture of rooms in the main part of the hotel and bungalows spread over the rest of the hotel grounds.we were in the main part of the hotel in room 26 which faces out to the ionian sea,very happy with this room and the view from it.there was ample room room for 2 people and had the amenities you could need.
room was cleaned every day and was always spotless,bed was comfortable enough and as the temperature was not too high did not need air conditioning.
restaurant was in main building so not far from our room was spacious and although there were queues at times they tended to be later so if you were early there were no problems but even if you had to queue they were very efficient in finding tables for you.
food was very good and varied with show cooking adding to the range and in 2 weeks we always found something different although we did eat out a couple of times but this was through choice not necessity.
there was entertainment on every night some good some not so good and there was music on after that till late.
there is a pool which has an amazing view out to sea or the hotel beach which is accessed by a tunnel that takes you under the coast road but there are some steps to negotiate.
the staff in this hotel are fantastic from reception to cleaning they cannot do enough for you and the majority go out there way to help you or have a chat with you when possible.
the only negative with this hotel is that it is a bit isolated so if you want to go out at night you have to get transport either by bus but they go off early about 10 pm or taxi.which can be expensive if doing this every night.
all in all cannot fault this hotel at all apart from lack of places to go at night but that is not the hotels fault.

Room Tip: i think it was better in main building so you are near everything.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have just returned from a lovely stay at this resort.
I was looking for Sun, good food and a nice beach and I found it here.

I booked my holiday, though BA Holidays( Great Value) and my transfers with Travel republic. (Again great deal ,£12 return for shared shuttle bus transfer).

Please be aware, unless you book a private transfer, the transfer bus will drop you at the bottom of the road. It is a steep climb to the hotel and is around 6 minutes walk, depending on the individuals fitness/ mobility level. The hotel does have a complimentary bus that can pick you up and take you to the hotel's main reception area.

As most people have commented, the hotel is located on a hill and therefore, there are steep climbs and steps that you have to navigate, to get around the hotel complex. I stayed in a bungalow with sea views room 2513, it had great sea views and you can see the main Island of Greece in the backdrop. ( * This Bungalow is located around 5 minutes from the main hotel, the hotel complimentary bus dropped me outside the main building of the bungalow and I had to manage my luggage myself up the two flight of steps to the bungalow - Again if you are someone with mobility issues this may not be suitable and therefore try and seek accommodation in the main hotel building.

The Accommodation, was clean & fine, a large room, with a large bed and a sofa bed. The bathroom was a little small but great for me, as I was travelling on my own.
There is also a nice size balcony area, that you can sit out on.
The TV had a few Cable channels, with around 3 English speaking channels.

I paid 20 Euros, non refundable ,for use of the safe in my room and 20 Euros for 8 hours access to WIFI. I had no internet access in my room, I seemed to gain access only, in the hotel lobby or in the spa/gym area. I believe the hotel should make it clear, that internet access may be difficult in some areas of the hotel, as I would not have purchased 8 hours. And to be honest, in a majority of hotels these days, WIFI and access to a private safe is a free service.

My room was close to the pool area, just a 2 minute walk. The beach was around 6-8 minutes walk, down a lot of steps. Nice pleasant beach, mixture of sand and pebbles, a large number of sunbeds, I never had any problems obtaining one.

At the beach, there is a bar, which serves hot/cold drinks - also wine/spirits and also ice cream. The beach restaurant serves fresh pasta/pizza etc, great food, nice and fresh.

Also in the evening, the beach restaurant transfers in the Al La carte restaurant. It is a beautiful, with the direct sea views and candlelight. The food was fantastic, they serve all of the main starters both hot and cold along with a main course and dessert, a true delight.

I found the food great. The main restaurant, serve a buffet service, with a different range of food. I enjoyed the Greek dishes, delicious. Only one evening, that I found the menu disappointing, when they tried to do Chinese Cuisine but apart from that the food was enjoyable.

The quality of the drinks were just adequate. The beer was nice but I didn't really enjoy the wine/spirits.

On arrival, I was given by reception, a complimentary 15 minutes massage, in the hotel's Spa, this was heaven, afterwards I went to bed and slept. I booked a de-stress massage for 55 minutes and a facial, heaven - facial was really good.
I used the sauna after my massage, really nice.

Apart from a small shop at the bottom of the road from the hotel, there are no other shops or restaurants in the local area.

There is a bus stop outside the hotel, the no.6 bus will take you into Corfu Town. Where the bus drops you off,is where you pick it back up again, to return back to the hotel.

You can obtain the bus timetable from the receptionists and you can purchase bus tickets in the hotel shop for 1.60 euros for a single ticket, I believe on the bus it is 2 euros.

All and all I had enjoyable stay at this hotel - all the staff, from the receptionists', ladies on concierge, the chambermaids, hotel cleaners, all the bar and restaurant staff ( Antonis in the buffet restaurant lovely) all the ladies who work in the spa, the complimentary bus drivers - were all warm, kind, courteous and carried out their roles professionally.

You all made my stay pleasurable - thank you.

I look forward to returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

After reading all the positive reviews my friend and I were confident we had booked the right hotel.... How wrong we were.

Firstly we were left at the airport by the Thomas Cook rep to find our own bus which wasn't a Thomas Cook bus (lord travel) we were dropped of on the main road and told a mini bus would pick us up to take us up the steep hill.......after waiting with other clients for half an hour we gave up and struggled up the steep hill pushing our heavy suitcases (I'm not unfit but this was hard).

Most of the staff were miserable, unhelpful and down right rude at times.
On arrival our room wasn't ready....when we eventually got in it was clean but very dark and VERY basic. We asked if there was another room as we asked for a twin room what we got was a double bed with a sofa bed made up, they couldn't find us a better room.

We were told there would be a welcome meeting at 2pm that afternoon...when we went the Thomas Cook rep said the meeting was earlier and didn't know about this one then walked away. At 2 we joined others....some also booked with Thomas Cook and couldn't understand when someone from 'Lord travel' gave the regular speech !!!

The food.....well what can I say, the worst I have ever had in an all inclusive hotel I ended up having salad every day and my friend soup ! On one description of the food it said "meat and vegetables" !!!

During our stay about 20 women with notepads were escorted around the hotel grounds which we found embarrassing as they looked at people while sunbathing....all I can say is I hope they read my review.

I have been lucky to have travelled to many places around the world (6 times in Corfu,
over 30 years) The standards in Corfu need to increase in my eyes before I return, especially the Aeolos Beach Hotel.

The entertainment isn't worth talking about.

If you are used to being treated with respect, looked after, and valued

DON'T GO TO THIS HOTEL !!!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here for the third time in September/October 2014 for 17 nights and booked again for 2015 as soon as we could. The resort has been refurbished since our first time there in 2012 and the rooms are really lovely. We love Corfu and stayed in other hotels before finding Aeolos Beach but we really wouldn't want to stay anywhere else now. The food is great, the staff are amazing and the views are so beautiful. Particular mention for Mary & Victoria (Concierge) who are so helpful and so friendly, Vangelis who is so welcoming and friendly and Barbara on reception who is also very helpful and always has a welcoming smile. The maids do a really good job and always have a cheery 'kalimera' for us in the morning. We love to see everyone at the hotel and are proud to be part of the Aeolos Beach 'family' and receiving the 'welcome home' surprise in our room always leaves a warm glow. We also get a birthday cake left in our room every year as we are celebrating one whilst there.

The beds are very comfy and the air con and fan are brilliant. We always sleep well!

The pizza and pasta in the beach restaurant is so yummy and the à la carte is great - both with the amazing view and sound of the sea. The beach is so peaceful and it is usually possible to get sunbeds there. For €10 you get a beach towel which you can change as many times as you like and you get the €10 back when you hand your towel in at the end of the holiday.

We love the cats and dogs around the resort - 1 cat in particular manages to find us every year and last year brought a friend along!

The resort is hilly, but if you research a holiday properly (given that you are spending your hard earned money on it) then you will know this anyway. We don't see it as a problem for ourselves.

If you are looking for a relaxing holiday in Corfu with friendly people, great views and yummy food then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, but if you want a sea view it is best to ask for it.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aeolos Beach Resort? Share your experiences!