“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Perama
Moscow, Russia
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very good hotel for family holiday. We liked it very much. Great place, a lot of flowers and nice view to the see. Rooms, beach, restorant - everything is good. The animation team is the best! The famous Achilleon palace is in 20 minutes walk.

• Stayed June 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Hertfordshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I spent an amazing week at Aeolos Resort near to Corfu at the beginning of October and did not want to leave. The weather was amazing and the sea views to die for, from all places in the resort. The hotel lounge and dining-room, the upper pool area bar, the bungalows and the beach itself. The only warning comment from others that I agree with is that the whole resort is on a hill-side so you do need to be reasonably fit and mobile. However, there is a shuttle van on-site that ferried people up and down, including people in wheelchairs, so Im not sure what the fuss was about from previous visitors. There are also rooms in the hotel building itself for the less mobile.

The food was good and with lots of choice which catered for the range of guests who came from various countries. The dining hall is huge, but I never saw anyone wait for longer than a few minutes to be seated. The dining staff were particularly friendly and helpful. Thank you! Everybody seemed to be going up for second courses and even more.

The entertainment staff were excellent! I was a single traveller but each day the staff walked around the resort pools, lounges and the beach to invite guests to participate in exercise and games and fun activities at night. OK, so Im a slouch, but thanks for asking anyway!!! Lots of other guests did participate though. I would have liked to try the beach yoga, but would have been carted off for medical treatment if I tried those positions... However, I had a lovely massage at the resort at a reasonable price. They offered a discount.

I did go in to Corfu and across the island on the public bus system, which stops right outside the entrance of the hotel. If you buy the ticket on the bus, it costs 2 Euro for a one-way trip. If you buy the return ticket from the ticket machine in town, it costs 1.5 Euro. If you buy a day ticket in town for the blue bus routes, it costs 5 Euro for as many trips as you want during the day. I used this to travel to the other side of the island. You can of course book various excursions in the hotel lobby e.g. boat trips, day trips, etc. There is also a scooter hire at the Resort entrance that some guests used and there is a small shop across the road from the Resort entrance as well. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get to Corfu town on the bus. A hint to remember is that you catch the bus at the same spot exactly in Corfu town, as where it drops you off on the way in. Also, avoid trying to catch the bus out of Corfu town at the time schools close at about 3pm because of the traffic jams.

All inclusive included drinks and coffee till 11pm at the bar in the main lounge, or at the various other bars during the day, including the beach bar. There were always enough sun loungers both at the pools and the beach. If you enjoy swimming in the sea, it is great for snorkeling to see the colourful fish. The water was a bit cool, but ok once you're in.

I didn't really go sight-seeing much as it was lovely just to relax at the resort, but I did walk around Corfu town, including the charming Old Town with its rustic old grand buildings, winding old shopping lanes and castles. In the new castle (which is ancient) I stopped at a tea-room at the top, where the vendors were friendly and the food and coffee yummy yet reasonably priced. Entrance was free to this castle and it had wheelchair ramps, but I wouldn't recommend trying to get there by wheelchair as its still too steep.

The staff in general were friendly, especially the bar staff and the dining staff. I didn't really see much of the cleaning staff, but they tidied the rooms daily. Nothing special, but fine. I had a bungalow room which was a bit of a walk away from the main building, but worth it because of the lovely sea views from my private balcony. My room was lovely with a nice bathroom and air conditioning.The reception staff made every effort to be of help and were friendly at all times.

Overall, I have to say that my holiday experience at this resort was excellent. I met lots of people from various countries, and everyone appeared to be happy and having a lovely time. I did not hear anyone complaining about anything, whilst I was there. People joked about the hills and the Greek system of putting loo paper in to a bin, but they also raved about the lovely resort and that they would be returning if possible. Thank You for a lovely holiday. I felt very relaxed and renewed by the end of my week at this resort.

Room Tip: Bungalow rooms are away from the main hotel but usually have a lovely see view and are quiet. Rooms...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
hartlepool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

hi just returned from Aeolos Beach Resort in corfu was ok but no good if you have mobility issues
on arrival we were put in the hotel even tho we had booked a bungalow . the room we were given was 314. when leaving the lift we saw the plaque on the wall which said rooms 301-313 so we were a little confused but on turning the corner found room 314 which was right next to the lift . once we got in the room what a shock it was no bigger than a broom cupboard they had squeezed a little room in one corner to accommodate a shower tray on the floor a loo and sink. needless to say we went straight to reception to complain and was told would be moved the next day.but on turning in that night never slept a wink as the lift banged every time it reached the floor i was going to and as people were arriving and leaving during the night impossible to sleep . had to wait till 2 pm the next day to get into the bungalow even ten the electronic key wouldn't work eventually got a normal key . plus a tray of cakes and a bottle of wine by way of an apology . if you want to go to the beach there are some steps and subway under the rd if your felling fit my partner counted the step on the way back to our bungalow there were 75 up and 10 down needless to say we took the path instead . you can get a bus outside the hotel into corfu town or the the other way to binisis . the food was good tho repeated weekly . its an all inclusive resort . but only have entertainment on a monday a couple called paula & george who sang a range of songs but didn't seem to know the word to some of them . also the kids entertainment is outside downstairs by the kids pool which i think is wrong as even tho there's probably only a couple of inches of water in it i still think kids should be away from the pool at night also the pool and pool bar are at the top of the complex and you have to pay for drinks at the pool bar on a night so if you don't like having to walk up and down the hill and your in bungalows at the top its gonna cost you to drink.

Room Tip: if offered room 314 plz refuse unless u don't mind a banging lift all night
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 1 week at the end of september.

We had a family bungalow, not sure why it was called a bungalow as really it was a room with a double bed, and two foam mattresses on slats. Have to say the double bed was uncomfortable and agree with other comments regarding the mattress being too hard. I was lucky though as my friend slept on the hugely uncomfortable single bit of hard foam. We had to lay the unused mattress on top of the other with a quilt for padding to try and make it more comfortable, so not really pleased to have paid for that, especially as we did put a request in for a twin room. I understand that requests can't always be honoured though.

The room was very dark, with no natural light getting in and very dim lights, so it felt very gloomy. Not well sound-proofed, easily disturbed by people walking by or talking outside the front door, and when people stayed above us, it sounded like a herd of elephants up there, so had to sleep with ear-plugs! Another problem was the noisy fridge in the room. However, good bathroom with two showers! I have no complaints regarding the cleaning, the cleaners did a very good job, cleaned every day and were very friendly and polite.

It is a really nice site, it is hilly but short hills (apart from walk to beach) so we found everything accessible. Those with mobility issues would have problems but they provided a bus to help with that.

All reception staff, bar staff, groundsmen and waiters were very friendly and worked hard to give a good service. The concierge staff and car hire lady were really helpful and knowledgeable.

The food is not a la carte, but pleasant enoughwith plenty of choice, and nice fresh bread every day. Some food cooked fresh in front of you and I recommend the little pancakes.There wasn't a single thing that I chose that I didn't eat, it is buffet choice but we had no problems with dry or cold food. Desserts were really nice. The soft drinks are not brand drinks and I only had the lemonade which seemed fine, can't comment on the others. The waiters were quite fun and usually very friendly with good customer service. The restaurant has a wonderful view, especially for breakfast. Make sure you use your 1 visit to the a la carte restaurant, we saved this for our last night and it was really lovely down there.

Nice beach with stony and sandy areas, good for snorkelling but take sea shoes to make it easier. We never bothered with the sun loungers as they all went pretty early on the beach, we just walked further down where it was very quiet. The infinity pool was very cold but had lovely views and was quite quiet when we were there so no problem getting a lounger.

We recommend hiring a car and driving round the island, or getting a bus to Corfu town which is very simple.

Our last day was unfortunately ruined by a big storm and we spent the whole afternoon sitting in a very busy bar/lobby with everyone else as there was no where else to go thanks to the torrential and constant rain! The animation staff worked hard though to entertain and provided games and tv to keep us occupied which was welcomed. We were also allowed to use all facilities and continue to receive food and drink even though we had checked out which was really good.

It is a nice place, but I don't think we had a good room and it was dull and uncomfortable, I don't think I would rush back. It wasn't awful, I think its more personal preference as I have no major complaints. However I think the wi-fi charges were ridiculous, especially in this day and age its free in most places and another hotel we stayed in when we were unfortunately delayed due to weather provided free wi-fi.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

I visited this resort on 1st October with a friend. We did book last year but at the last minute we were changed to a different hotel. I had read the reviews and so I was a bit worried! I was pleasantly surprised though as the hotel looks fab and is very clean. It's not shabby from what I saw (this was mentioned in a few reviews) the grounds are really well kept and very green. It is very hilly and is very spread out so be prepared to walk!

We had a standard room. I thought it was clean and comfortable but it was really dreary and it felt a bit like a cell! The walls were grey, floor grey, furniture grey, curtains dark blue, the bathroom is grey too! It was very clean and a huge plus point was the shower which produced really hot water (had to wait for a bit) and the shower was really powerful. The beds are quite hard but still comfortable.

Food - is ok. Some days better than others. Always a really great choice and they cater for everyone. Fresh rolls and bread everyday. The pizza/pasta bar at the beach is lovely. The A La Carte is delicious don't miss out on your one meal per stay.

The drinks were the big let down. The coke is disgusting and totally un-drinkable. It's clearly a cheap alternative to coke. The lemonade is different is each location and some tastes nice some doesn't. The alcohol is fine but again the mixers are rubbish.

Staff are generally friendly and helpful. The bar staff are the only ones who are not overly friendly, and this isn't all of them because some of them were lovely.

I loved the hotel dog and beautiful cats that roam the grounds. They get very spoilt with guests feeding them. I hope the hotel never stop animals loving in the grounds.

The beach is lovely with lots of sunbeds. You do get the few selfish individuals who reserve the best beds for them selves and then don't use them for half the day. I think this should be stopped, because it's not fair on other guests.

The pools are ok, the one nearest the hotel looked very murky and dirty......there was no way I would have gone in!

The spa was lovely and is worth a treat. The therapists seem to really care that you enjoy your treatment.

WIFI - this is rubbish....... You have to pay for it and it costs. I would want to see free WIFI in a four star.

Overall the resort is good. I would say very good three star. I probably wouldn't return but thats not to say others shouldn't go.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

Well we visited this hotel on the last week of the season ( 11th-18th Oct ) as i got a good deal from Thomas Cook flexible trips with an EasyJet flight and an All-Inclusive package. Although the hotel is somewhat remote from any town, it is only about 5km south of the airport so was quick to arrive and costs 25-30 Euros in a taxi. The hotel is situated on the top of a hill but the taxi took us to the top where the main hotel reception lies, this is a very clean and modern hotel and apart from the wasps which don't seem to bother you i didn't see any other insects. The rooms had recently been re-decorated and all the equipment seemed new, like the air conditioning unit and the fridge etc. The hotel has 4 bars in total, the main bar in the reception area plus a beach bar and 2 pool bars although apart from the main bar they all seem to open and close at different times of the day or night. The hotel complex is very large and as it's situated on a hill climbing up to the main pool, Lagoon bar and tennis courts seems off the record as our rooms were on the top / 3rd floor of the main hotel / reception building and the distance was a put off, it was easier to go to the smaller pool area or down to the beach. The hotel has it's own private beach which although narrow extends some distance , there is a snack bar during the daytime serving pizza and pasta and all sorts of beverages on tap.
the hotel restaurant is very clean and tidy with a large selection of foods for all tastes, there was a Chinese and also an Italian night of cuisine which was very enjoyable. There is plenty of activities in the day and at night and a mini-club for young children which also allows them a disco between 8.30-9.30pm every evening prior to the more adult orientated themes which can include quizes, karioki and other competitions.

All in all i just could not fault this place, it was a tribute to the island and highly recomended.

D.J.GRIFFIN / STAFFORDSHIRE ( AGED 43 )

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel reception area with a sea-front
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Hampshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 10 nights this month. The resort is beautiful, set into the cliff side. We would recommend the hotel to anyone wanted to stay in Corfu. We got more than we paid for, the staff were lovely and the help they gave was amazing.

Service: All the staff at the resort were very friendly. The reception staff and concierge were always helpful and polite. We had a slight noise issue with the people above us, and they got it sorted out super fast. (They apologised that it would take 45 minutes to discuss it with the manager before letting us know what they could do) The bar staff were friendly and quick at making sure the line never got too long.

Room: The room was very clean and fresh. When we walked in, the window had been left open to stop the room being stuffy upon arrival and the bathroom was spotless. The bed felt comfy to begin with, but as the nights passed, the springs could be felt more and more and left me with a bit of a sore back. They provide two extra pillows (4 in total), as well as a thick throw in case the nights are chilly.

The room had a safe and fridge in it. A bottle of water, tea/cofee, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion were provided. (Only upon arrival. Once it was gone you had to buy more yourself. Except for the tea/coffee)

The cleaners came into our room at around 10 am, including Sunday, even though the hotel said that cleaners are not in on Sunday. They were quick and left the room nice and clean.

Food: The food was very samey. Breakfast you had the choice of cereals, toast or cooked food. Lots of choice and nice food. However, the lunch and dinner menu's seemed to be very much the same. We ended up going to the beach front restaurant for lunch (pizza and pasta) most days.

Chips, rice and pasta were always available. The rest of the food was meat cooked in many different ways, as well as tradition Greek food.

Warning: The waiters will come and take your plate when you are finished. If you have finished but want more, make sure to move your cutlery off of your plate or they will take them as well. When this happened to us, we asked for more but were told to just sit back down. My partner had to try and get someones attention so that he could get some more cutlery to eat his meal.

Activities: We did not see any of the hotel entertainment, so we cannot comment on that.
The hotel has a section of the main building that has information from local travel companies about trips out. They can all be booked at the hotel, and they are available in a range of different languages. (We used Lord Travel, and would recommend them to anyone)
There is bus that stops just outside the hotel that takes you to Corfu Town (20-25 mins) or Bentisiles (10 mins). Next to the busstop is also a little supermarket.
There is a very hilly, signposted path at the back of the hotel that leads to the Achilion.

The beach is sandy, and the hotel keep it as clear as they can from seaweed. The water is clear and you can see lots of fish swimming around. The pool was rather cold, but out of season and after thunderstorm, that cannot be helped. There are loads of sun beds around the beach and the pool. Both beach and pool have their own bar.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aeolos Beach Resort? Share your experiences!