Transfer from airport - dropped us off at the bottom of the driveway (no explanation, but now know it's because the road to the hotel is narrow and windy).Thankfully the man at the moped rental shop explained how things are done! A minibus from the hotel collected us about 10 minutes later - which was nice.
Reception/ main hotel - speedy and efficient check-in. Rented safe for 20 euros for 7 night stay. Would be useful to be given a card with the opening times for the various restuarants.
Clean, lots of seating areas inside and out, bar, internet room, 2 small shops selling holiday souveniers, newspapers, books, sweets, snacks, etc.
Room 716 - garden bungalow. Lovely view. Double bed, but is very small. Fridge with a complimentary bottle of water; tea/ coffee making facility; wardrobe with lots of hanging space but no drawers; balcony with a table and 2 chairs and a lovely view over the rooftops to the sea.
The toilet in the bathroom stopped flushing, but this was very speedily fixed.
Not 4* standard - throughout our stay the room was never cleaned properly - mirror dirty; floor in bathroom had hair, bits and footprints from shoes; sheets were never changed. No maid service on Sunday - it's not that we can't make a bed, but when you only have 7 days off a year and have paid to stay at a hotel you want to be pampered the whole time.
Outside areas - very pretty gardens with a variety of flowers, lovely views and very clean. We managed the steep inclines despite it being very hot and not being the fittest of people!
The cats and 2 dogs are a delight and a real asset to the hotel - we are very much animal lovers and were missing our dog. They are very friendly and the dogs are extremely patient with the children who all want to fuss them.
Pool - infinity pool is lovely - clean, fabulous view and very inviting. Sunloungers are all reserved very early, but seem to remain empty until later in the day! The terrace by the pool is very small and really not big enough for the size of the hotel. There is no where to sit. There is a pool bar, but you cannot actually see the pool from it, which has limited seating, but it is shaded.
Beach - really disappointing. The area is completely taken up with sun loungers, which are all reserved under cover of darkness! The beach is shingle and entry in to the sea is either via quite big rocks or by wading through seaweed.
Food/ restaurants - The food is good, though not hot enough on occassion, with lots of choice and we always found something that suited our taste buds. The fizzy drinks are rather weak. The 'fruit juices' taste very strong, too sweet and reconstituded.
Not a 4* standard - the crockery is quite often chipped or dirty - lipstick, stains and smears on.
Staff are very friendly and work incredibly hard, thank you.
Entertainment - we were impressed. The animation team work hard. They entertained the children really well every evening. The adults were entertained with sketches karaoke, a quiz and music.We went to the Greek Night and really enjoyed the dancing. We were also lucky to be there for the largest moon in 20 years which was celebrated with a fire throwing/ juggling and acrobatic act on the beach. Really good.
Not the best hotel we have stayed at, or a great location, but all-in-all a good holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all-inclusive resort that combines nature, culture, activities and a beach holiday all in one place. With its elevated position,it offers great views over the Ionian Sea, "value for money" accommodation in double or family rooms and a vast choice of food and beverage options. Its proximity to Corfu Old Town (UNESCO World Heritage Site) and Princess Sissi's Achillion Palace makes the resort an ideal base for exploring the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Aeolos Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Aeolos Beach Hotel Perama
- Aeolos Mareblue Hotel
- Hotel Aeolos Mareblue
- Aeolos Hotel Corfu
- Aeolos Orange Holiday Resort
- Aeolos Beach Resort Corfu/Perama