Ok- first things first- this resort is not on a “mountainside”. You don’t have to have the agility of a young goat to be able to get about, but to be fair it is slightly steep and there are plenty of steps, so you have to be able to mobilise reasonably well. We saw people with walking sticks and they struggled as there are no facilities for the disabled whatsoever.
We stayed for two weeks and at first were dismayed by our room, which was basic in furnishings and quality. When we arrived we saw there was no shower head fitting on the wall and the door handle for the bathroom door was hanging off. We mentioned this at reception when we went for dinner, and on our return, both problems had been fixed. Well, I consider that good service, so fair enough, on with the holiday and not to worry about the room. The staff were helpful in this manner, for example, when I could bear the hard bed no longer, I asked for a mattress topper and go one. However what most let the hotel down was the standard of cleanliness. The room was barely cleaned for the two weeks we were there. The bed was made, towels replaced and bins emptied, but the floor was not cleaned. The same cobweb lived in the bathroom for two weeks. Similarly, the fabulous views in the restaurant and the potential to see dolphins, were spoiled for me, by the filthy window sills and the hand prints all over the windows which remained for the duration of our holiday.
There are very few staff at this resort and most of them do seem to work hard. The waiting staff can speak numerous languages and work quietly and efficiently. They are smiling, pleasant and patient, even with rude guests. The food is great and frequently replenished. The views from any area of this hotel are fantastic. There is not much to do at all in the vicinity or in the evening for adults, and for us two weeks was a little too long. We met some great people and enjoyed our time there. Some people moaned all the time about the steps, the narrow beach, the animation team and watered down beer. It is a three star hotel………….and for three star it was very good. It can never be four star as there are no facilities for disabled guests and there are some other health and safety issues.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Aeolos Beach Hotel
- Sentido Aeolos Beach Hotel Perama
- Aeolos Mareblue Hotel
- Hotel Aeolos Mareblue
- Aeolos Hotel Corfu
- Aeolos Orange Holiday Resort
- Aeolos Beach Resort Corfu/Perama
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all-inclusive resort that combines nature, culture, activities and a beach holiday all in one place. With its elevated position,it offers great views over the Ionian Sea, "value for money" accommodation in double or family rooms and a vast choice of food and beverage options. Its proximity to Corfu Old Town (UNESCO World Heritage Site) and Princess Sissi's Achillion Palace makes the resort an ideal base for exploring the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Aeolos Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.