“it's like a dream” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Grange du Belvedere

La Grange du Belvedere
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charroux
La Grange du Belvedere
You added La Grange du Belvedere to your Saves list
9 Boulevard du Nord | Charroux, 03140 Charroux, France   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Charroux B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“it's like a dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed one night only, en route back home from Spain, we couldnt stay on the way out as it was fully booked. Next year we shall contact Colleen in good time to make sure we can stay at the Grange again. We have stayed in all manner of hotels and B&Bs around the world, and this must rank within our top 5. The room is beautifully furnished, with a wonderful shower room and separate loo. Having arrived at the end of a hot day it was lovely to find a bottle of mineral water waiting for us in a cooler, as well as fresh fruit and chocolates. And bath-robes and bath slippers, and the bed is just perfect, and Colleen and her husband are incredibly nice and helpful. I cannot imagine what the author of that one negative review was thinking when she wrote what she did.
And then a gorgeous breakfast, with great croissants, great bread and home made preserves, all served with a smile. This is the first time I have ever written a review, but reading that one putdowner made me so incensed. This is a 5 star B&B, in every sense.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

George, south Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

La Grange du Belvedere is certainly one of the best B & B's in France. The owners, David and Colleen, have great taste and has created a wonderful home for travellers. The house has a lived-in ambiance, beautiful furniture and the rooms are comfortable with everything to make your stay unforgettable - luxurious linen, great bathrooms, fresh fruit in the room and wonderful decor. The hosts went out of their way to make our stay unforgettable. We strongly recommend La Grange du Belvedere.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
England, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

The other reviews do not lie - this is truly the most beatiful, best furnished, best finished B&B I have ever stayed in. It has an expensive air of luxury about it - gleaming polished antique furniture, handmade soap, marvellous bed linen, but really reasonably priced!
Our hosts were welcoming and happy to chat about the house and the area without being over-friendly or intrusive. They also gave us a fabulous breakfast in a gorgeous dining room full of antiques - white linen and gleaming china on the breakfast table.
The village of Charroux itself would be worth a visit even without this truly amazing B&B. It is ancient and walking round it felt a bit like being in a film set.
I would recommend a visit to Charroux and a stay at La Grange du Belvedere to anyone without reservation and I'd love to go back again sometime.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Olympia WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

My wife and I were on our way from the Dordogne to Paris to catch the flight home to Washington State. After considerable searching on the Internet in the chambres d'hote section of Gites de France for a stopover, we finally picked Charroux, a village that has reinvented itself and maintained its authenticity while doing so. We chose La Grange du Belvedere based on its availability and the prospects of one more French meal before our return. The experience was impeccable. From the flowers in the room to the tasty evening meal, we couldn't believe our good fortune. The cozy outdoor spaces offered warming sun and the right bit of privacy. Tucked away in our cozy bed that evening, nibbling on the chocolates left on the night stand, I fell asleep wondering how our hosts could be more informative or congenial. And did I mention value? The quality of the room and meals could easily cost double here in the US. Next trip to France will include more time in Auvergne and more than a stopover at La Grange.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Herefordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

I had the honour of being the first guest at La Grange du Belvedere. What a luxurious treat it was too. The whole complex is a delight. The house and barns have been completely renovated sympathetically keeping the character of the architecture of the delightful medieval village. The interior of the accommodation is a feast for the eyes, wonderful mellow stone walls that house beautiful antique furniture and objets d'art. The bedroom with state of the art en suite was so stylish, with settee, writing bureaux etc, and the bed was so comfortable it was difficult to get out of it next day!!! Of course I did and awaiting me was the most delicious, comprehensive choice of breakfast I have found anywhere in a B & B. The dining/breakfast room is a great pleasure to eat in. I also had dinner each evening, needless to say the food and service was first class - haute cuisine at its best. The proprietors of Le Grange were so welcoming and hospitable I have been back many times. My friends who live in the Dordogne also stay there after I encouraged them to visit, and they have been twice already. I award the establishment the highest recommendation possible.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

It,s hard to get it just right, but the owners of La Grange du Belevedere certainly have! La Grange is truly the cream of country Chambre d,Hotes. Set in one of the most charming French villages I think I have ever seen.

My husband and I have stayed twice now at La Grange and can,t wait to get back to this unbelievably stylish house, with an amazing attention to detail. This Chambre d, Hotes has a jaw-dropping interior, but still keeps a cosy and very relaxed atmosphere.

Nothing was too much trouble for the owners, we were made most welcome. Our room was beautiful. The breakfast was delicious. Fantastic garden and the whole experience was excellent for money.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

A beautifully restored farmhouse attractively furnished with antiques - full of comfort and atmosphere - in a spectacularly sited medieval village. The owners gave us the warmest of welcomes, and both the bedrooms (with state of the art wetrooms) and the public areas were extremely comfortable, spacious and spotlessly clean.The breakfast offered delicious and fresh local produce, and on one evening as an alternative to the very good local restaurant, the proprietor cooked us a superb dinner, and we enjoyed an aperitif in the lovely terraced garden. For tranquillity, comfort, excellent food and service, in beautiful surroundings, this cannot be bettered.
As experienced travellers we feel that La Grange sets a standard rarely achieved, even in France. We have already booked for a repeat visit this year!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to La Grange du Belvedere? Share your experiences!