This was a last minute decision for my husband and I. I have visited Cuba 18 times, 5 times to the Iberostar Daiquiri. It was wonderful. Our room was great, ocean view, which I requested in advance. The AC was quiet and very efficient. The staff, as always, were very attentive. Beach, what can I say.....fantastic. The house band are authentic Cuban, which I love. They also did a couple of evening of dueling bands, with the house band playing one number, followed by a great ladies group. You could not have asked for better entertainment. The Star Friends work so hard all day, and then give you their all for the evening show.
The previous review said they only saw spraying on a couple of occasions. They must have been sleeping, because we witnessed two spraying per day for the first few days, then, with the strong breeze, we did not see a need for spraying later in the week. We're lucky, I guess, because the bugs did not seem to like us too much. I brought bug spray, but never used it. I got a few bites, probably from sand critters, but they didn't bother me or spoil my holiday in any way.
Thank you, Iberostar........see you in April for more fun and dancing!
Cathy and Stu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine, sandy beach of Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). An oasis of relaxation. Elegant luxury. Pure water sports. Unspoilt Caribbean nature. Pleasant, modern construction style. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Daiquiri Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cuba
- Iberostar Hotel Cayo Guillermo
- Iberostar Daiquiri Cayo Guillermo