We stayed for a week in early April. The location was lovely and the staff were super, really nice.
The hotel is supposed to be full of elderly people but that's certainly not what we found. Most were 30 to 50 with some kids in tow.
The hotel had a very English country house feeling which we liked.
So why the reservations? A bit is to do with the bathrooms where they should spend some money if they want to be a 5 star hotel. Taxi prices from the hotel irritate although I gather they are centrally negotiated so you cant really blame the hotel but it is a long way north of most hotels so it does impinge more.
The biggest problem we had was not being able to sleep because of a distressed cat right below our room. On the first day of listening to the constant yowling from 5 am onwards we asked reception if the hotel owned any cats and were told no, they would be strays. At breakfast however we learned from a waiter that the hotel had removed 4 kittens from below our room the previous day. We did not want to cause any further fuss feeling very sorry for a cat that was obviously grieving. However the cat continued to pine for the rest of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury boutique resort combines Caribbean style and beauty with gracious English country living. Set amongst beautifully landscaped gardens with breathtaking coastal views, the beachside hotel has 40 suites, each individually decorated and open to the ocean and tropical garden surroundings. As a member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux group, Cobblers Cove prides itself on its impeccable service and elegant Caribbean charm. The hotel's restaurant, The Camelot, serves island-inspired gourmet dishes made with the finest local produce. Lead by Executive Chef Michael Harrison, who has previously trained under Michel Roux Jr. At Le Gavroche in London, The Camelot was recently awarded the highly-coveted BHTA Restaurant of the Year award. Popular with couples and families alike, the resort offers a whole repertoire of activities and facilities. Thrill-seeking children and adults can enjoy complimentary watersports each day, including water skiing, sailing, kayaking and windsurfing. For golfers, Cobblers Cove has a privilege system in place at the Royal Westmoreland Golf and Country Club. For those seeking serenity and relaxation, the Sea Moon Spa offers an extensive treatment list from skincare specialists REN and Sothys, providing the perfect setting for a touch of holiday pampering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cobblers Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cobblers Cove Hotel Barbados
- Cobblers Cove Barbados/Saint Peter Parish