“Excellent Apartment No 101” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mistle Cove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Lawrence Gap
Mistle Cove
You added Mistle Cove to your Saves list
St Lawrence Gap 15018, Barbados   |
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent Apartment No 101”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have just returned from an excellent stay at the Mistlecove Apartments in St Lawrence Gap Barbados. We stayed with 2 friends and we all agreed that the apartment was absolutely lovely. We only stayed for 5 nights and had spent the previous 10 nights at the The Terraces in the penthouse apartment which was also good but very noisey. The Mistlecove was very well located but was still quiet and peaceful at night. I would have no hesitation in recommending this location.

Room Tip: The 2 penthouses have 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and a plunge pool on the balcony!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011 via mobile

Upon arriving at mistle cove, the wow factor really happens when you open the front door and see the breathtaking panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea across a great sized balcony. The beach and pool area is extremely private and rarely has more than a resident or two beside. The apartment 307 where we stayed was fabulously fitted out in the interior, and everything that was required for a more than comfortable stay!

It really felt like a home away from home. We had one minor issue with the manager Jenny which wasn't handled very well, but from the cleaners to the apartment owners it really is a special place.

Champers is only a 15 minute walk which is a lovely restaurant less contentious than The Cliff, and for local Bajan food the Sweet Potato is a good pick on the Gap. Cafe Sol great for a sunset cocktail in happy hour! Also can highly recommend teds tours....

• Stayed November 2011
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Hello. we spent 3 great weeks at Mistle Cove in May this year. The accommodation was beautiful and clean. We have stayed in this area for many years and this was our first here.
Jenny the manageress is very pleasant and nothing is a problem for her.
I cannot believe that people book there and do not read the booking conditions and complain afterwards. Jenny explains everything when you are booking so what more can you ask for. Once again it was great and look forward to returning next year.
Gerry and Eileen. U.K.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Ont. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

We have been here from Feb. 8 to Mar.8,2011. Upon our arrival we were met by the manager Jenny (a lovely lady) who showed us around the condo. We had a pleasant surprise as the pictures did not do it justice. The cleaning staff has done a great job and the location is great for walking and just looking. We had a problem with the shower and reported it to Jenny and it was looked after immediately. A great place. George & Margaret Stec, Waterloo Ont.. Canada

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Southampton, Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

I was slightly surprised to hear of the two negative reports on Mistle Cove, but having read the articles I now know it had nothing to do with Mistle Cove the place itself.

This was my third stay in one of the top floor penthouse's, and the wow factor is still there, you get great size rooms, fully fitted kitchen with all the mod cons, one of the biggest balconies I have ever seen, and a plung pool as well, plus one fantastic view over the Caribbean sea.

Security is spot on, not that I have ever had a problem in Barbados, Location is great too, we like the South Coast, and whilst St Lawrence can get a bit noisy on some nights, you have the advantage of being able to walk to a dozen or so bars and restaurants, Pisces a particular favourite. Cost does vary and can be slightly more expensive than you pay in the UK at a good restaurant, but you can always find somewhere which is a bit cheaper and usually very good.

Already thinking of a return next year.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

This was our 5th trip to Barbados, and our second with children. We didnt want to be tied to an all inclusive hotel (there's too much to enjoy elsewhere...) and found Mistle Cove via an internet search. The apartments are privately owned and sit in a great location in St Lawrence gap. There is effectively a private beach 10 yards from the apartments - we were the only people on it every time we went there. The gardens and pool are small but very nice indeed, and we never saw more than 4 or 5 people there at one time. It is difficult to imagine a more relaxing place than this. The apartment itself was wonderful, very well equiped, with 2 en suite bathrooms and plenty of space. There are lots of great restaurants nearby, we recommend Harlequin for great food and service with a kids menu too. St Lawrence gap can be relatively noisy by Barbados standards, but as soon as we were back at Mistle Cove we didn't hear a thing except the sound of breaking waves. We very much hope to return one day.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

In January I booked my trip (12 nights in November) in the penthouse at Mistle Cove through Jennie. She was quite pleasant to deal with and I paid the required deposit of $900.

Very early in March, we discovered that we would be unable to keep our plans and gave notice of cancellation. I understood that I would receive a partial refund - Mistle Cove keeps 10% back for admin charges. Perfectly understandable. The other day I finally received an email from the owner (not Jennie) that my visa would be credited for only $540.00. When I questioned this I was informed that they keep 10% of the entire rental, which was $360. I believe this to be truly excessive.

I sent an email and asked them to reconsider what I thought was a very problematic policy. I believe the actual policy is quite misleading (upon booking I did interpret it incorrectly) and I notice that I am not the only guest who has had a problem with the refund policy. I was shocked when I received the reply. The answer was terse, unprofessional and very rude.

Because of the customer service (or lack thereof) I would never consider a stay at Mistle Cove. I am tempted to believe that this policy is intentionally ambiguous and this is nothing more than a money grab. Lucrative business and most unfair. I cancelled almost 9 months in advance.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Mistle Cove? Share your experiences!