We just returned from one week at the Almond Casuarina Beach resort - which has just joined the "Couples Resort" group.
Almond Casuarina is a small older hotel consisting of six separate complexes. We found we got very good service with everything close at hand compared to many of the larger newer hotels where you have to travel far between facilities and lack personal service.
We also had a great time as we planned ahead. Given the smaller size of the hotel there is limited programming at the resort so you are best to do stuff that would interest you throughout the island.
When not at the beach at the resort our activities included a "self directed" rum tour at the Foursquare Distillery, a trip to Bridgetown with a sail on the Jolly Roger, a couple of magnificent dinners on the St. Lawrence Gap at Apsara Samudra and Pisces, on Thursday across the street from the hotel at Ocean 15 Hotel we saw the wonderful Barbadian jazz guitarist Mike Sealy and his band, and Friday night was a once in a life experience of Barbadian food, culture and crafts at the Oistins fish festival.
The menu at the resort always had a good variety of fresh fish - so I was in heaven - everything from flying fish, king fish, maui maui, barracuda, lobster, shrimp and tuna. My partner is vegetarian and found her diet was also accommodated. The Dover Grill at the resort is a real hit - so make sure you book and eat there often!
Best of all the staff at the Casuarina are second to none! They were always pleasant and always interested in what we were doing. Whether it was teaching us how to make rum cocktails, serving us terrific meals and drinks, planning our excursions, or providing spa services. You couldn't find a more upbeat group of staff! We understand from staff that virtually everyone has been kept as part of the ownership change! Good move as the strength of this resort is clearly its people!
Oh - one last thing - a special shout out to Anita and Sonia at the resort Spa! You gave me the best massage and pedicure ever!
- Also Known As:
- Almond Casuarina Beach Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Almond Casuarina Beach Hotel
- Hotel Almond Casuarina Beach
- Almond Casuarina Beach Resort
- Almond Casuarina
- Casuarina Beach Resort Barbados/St Lawrence Gap
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the white sands of Dover Beach, close to St. Lawrence Gap, on the sunny coast of Barbados will be the world-renowned award winning Almond Casuarina Beach Resort. A mere 4 miles from the capital city, Bridgetown and 5 miles from Grantley Adams International Airport, this environmental oasis will be set in 10 acres of lush tropical landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Hotels.com, Regatta Hotels, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Casuarina Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.