I stayed here from the 18th Jan to 1st Feb and found the hotel better than I had hoped. I have in previous years stayed at the Almond Beach Village, but alas that is now closed. I had enjoyed my stays and found the staff there to be very good. Coming to the last of the Almond resorts with a little trepidation as I am a solo traveller. I need not have worried, the staff were very welcoming and very polite and friendly. My room in block 3, 3202 was large and clean, excellent and quiete aircon, excellent housekeeping.
The beach was wide and beautiful, if a little rough at times, compared to the West coast. Weather wonderful with an odd heavy downpour. Wild green squirel monkeys giving an occasional visit to the lovely tropical gardens of the hotel. Rum in abundance with wonderful cocktails prepared with devoted, friendly staff, or a cool glass of the locally brewed Banks beer..
Branded spirits too, Johny Walker Black Label, Remy Martin Cognac etc, white wine was drinkable, not too strong, red wine mmmm not to my liking.
Great breakfast buffet, responsible for an inch on my waistline, eggs cooked whichever way you like, fresh melons and pineapple, bacon, baked beans, pastries and bread baked on site.
Three restaurants, Dover grill (need to book in the evening)l, Waves ( the largest ) and Enids for Bajan food.
Lunchtime buffet was on the beach, a little samey, so try the Dover Grill, no need to book at lunchtime.
There is a place near the family pool at the back that is open from 12.00 to 17.00 or later that does fries and pizzas and there is a soft drinks machine and a soft ice cream machine, ideal for the kids and me lol.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Casuarina Beach Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Almond Casuarina Beach Hotel
- Hotel Almond Casuarina Beach
- Almond Casuarina Beach Resort
- Almond Casuarina
- Casuarina Beach Resort Barbados/St Lawrence Gap
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the white sands of Dover Beach, close to St. Lawrence Gap, on the sunny coast of Barbados will be the world-renowned award winning Almond Casuarina Beach Resort. A mere 4 miles from the capital city, Bridgetown and 5 miles from Grantley Adams International Airport, this environmental oasis will be set in 10 acres of lush tropical landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Casuarina Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.