I have been familiar with this property and stayed here many years ago when it was the Casuarina Hotel. This is first time I have stayed at the property since it was acquired by the Almond Group.
We were in one of the original accomodation blocks which are now very slightly dated however each block is being brought up to date. The room was spacious, clean and tidy with a good size bathroom. The bed was amazing and we slept well every night as its reasonably quiet. Whilst some would consider the decor in the rooms slightly tired, they were perfectly functional and all have coffee perculator, air con, hairdryer etc. The newly built front block is brand new and ultra modern with terrific views of the sea. There is a premium for this block and if you prefer a sea view or a very modern style room, you should consider paying the extra.
The food at all of the restaurants, and there are many choices, is amazing and can simply not be faulted, I am at a loss to explain the very few reviews I have seen that refer to bad food. There is plenty of variety at every meal, the quality is excellent particularly the breakfast selection and a la carte dinner menus.
The service we received was very good in all areas - waitresses, breakfast chefs, bar staff, cleaners, reception, etc, and is a far superior level than other local hotels I have stayed at. That said this is a big property so if you have stayed at a more intimate property (for example Escape at the Gap) you may not experience the warmness and 'banter' of having the same staff for every need but everyone we came across was polite, friendly, knowledgeable and most importantly, happy to help.
The resort is very clean, the beach is large but you do not get umbrellas supplied. There is plenty of shade due to the casurina tress however we did find that the area under the trees was cluttered with sun bed and we thought it would be better to remove some of the beds not being used to allow better access to the beach.
My only issue and this is based on my personal choices, was that the entertainment in the evenings was a bit loud for us. When we were eating dinner in restaurant areas, it was difficult to talk at the table and the entertainment was repeated most evenings.
Other than that, this hotel is a great standard and good value for money. Its a safe family, couple, group or singles resort with a fantastic varierty of food choices. Having stayed at several hotels in the same area of Barbados, I would recommend this hotel highly.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Casuarina Beach Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Almond Casuarina Beach Hotel
- Hotel Almond Casuarina Beach
- Almond Casuarina Beach Resort
- Almond Casuarina
- Casuarina Beach Resort Barbados/St Lawrence Gap
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the white sands of Dover Beach, close to St. Lawrence Gap, on the sunny coast of Barbados will be the world-renowned award winning Almond Casuarina Beach Resort. A mere 4 miles from the capital city, Bridgetown and 5 miles from Grantley Adams International Airport, this environmental oasis will be set in 10 acres of lush tropical landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Regatta Hotels, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Casuarina Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.