“Excellent value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandy Ground Holiday Accommodation

Sandy Ground Holiday Accommodation
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Lawrence Gap
Sandy Ground Holiday Accommodation
You added Sandy Ground Holiday Accommodation to your Saves list
Paradise Village, St. Lawrence Gap BB15016, Barbados (Formerly The Gallery)   |
Midlands
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights on my way to St. Vincent, so didn't want to spend too much money on a large hotel. This was perfect - a large room, very clean and secure, in a great location handy for the beach, shops and restaurants of St. Laurence Gap. The staff were extremely helpful, and sorted us out with Taxi's and Guides at a reasonable price, so that we were able to fully explore the island in our short time.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
bluecobble
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

We stayed there for two nights (16-17 April 2009) before boarding our cruise. Sandy Ground Holiday Accommodation is a small inn which, I belive, has ten rooms. You just have to walk approximately 3-minute to go to the Dover Beach, which is one of the most beautiful beach in Barbados. This small inn is located in St. Lawrence Gag and is close to many restaurants, expensive and affordable ones too! We were recommended David"s Place, which was fabulous, both in terms of food and location... facing the ocean. What else can you ask? We felt very safe during our stay, both during the day and at night. Our room was very comfortable and extremely clean. The service was impeccable on every aspect and Anna did an excellent job in serving us promptly at breakfast. The food was fresh and delicious and there is coffee available in the dining area, as early as6:30 am. I can only praise this fine establishment, which was very good value for what we paid. I will definitely return and hope that Anna and Darla will still be there. Thank you. Anna and thank you, Dorla for making our stay so wonderful and pleasant!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Worthing, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

Very close to Dover Beach but in a less than desirable area of St Lawrence Gap. My friend was threatened by the locals when walking from the main road through the lanes to this hotel.

My point about poor value. Apart from the rooms being expensive for a no balcony and poor views from windows, we were also charged $24 US for a single bundle of laundry. We were quoted $12 US but when we paid the bill we were advised the bundle had to be split into to loads. They must have an extremely small washing machine. (6 shirts a pair of trousers and two shorts)

Apart from that the staff were absolutely charming and very helpful.

The rooms were well equipped and extremely clean and spacious. If they had a balcony they would have been ideal and represented better value. They were extremely secure though.

Internet access available but very expensive.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

An ideal B&B/short stay accommodation. Very well organised, exceptionally clean and newly refurbished. Owner responded to all queries very efficiently and ensured that we were comfortable and organised. Good location just behind the main road in St Lawrence Gap. Would recommend for anyone who is passing through Barbados.

• Liked — Clean and welcoming
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

I stayed at Sandy Ground while on vacation in Barbados and was extremely pleased with the treatment I received when staying there, my room was very clean, comfortable with a fridge, TV, air conditioning, walk in closet with safe and an awesome bathroom with large walk in shower. The staff are very accomadating and try very hard to make you feel at home and I must say they exceeded my expectations. Thre is a dining area for breakfast. Excellent location, you can just walk across the road to the beautiful Dover beach, shops and activities. Great location and excellent accomadations.

• Liked — Service, style and comfort
  • Disliked — Like everything, no complaints
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2004

I just returned back to the USA about 6 hrs ago. I had the best time of my life in Barbados. I was there for about two weeks and experienced Crop Over. I partied every night for the first 11 days then took one day off. I then partied some more. I hope to do it all again next year! St. Lawrence Gap was great! So was the Boat Yard, Club Extreme, the Jolly Rogers... so many to list. I would go to bed at 5AM then wake up in the afternoon, eat then party again. Next year I will bring more friends. The natives are very friendly. I stayed at a hotel called The Gallery. The hotel was okay but then again I only paid $50.00 US a night. There are many hotels better than this one. The only problem w/ this hotel was it was in a dark alley. Other than that it was great. Anyway, time to go to bed. Feel free to email me w/ any questions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Lawrence Gap
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
Bougainvillea Beach Resort
#9 of 50 in Christ Church Parish
4.5 of 5 stars 1,558 reviews

Been to Sandy Ground Holiday Accommodation? Share your experiences!