“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of South Gap Hotel

You added South Gap Hotel to your Saves list
South Gap Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   St. Lawrence Gap | Christ Church, St Lawrence Gap BB15020, Barbados   |
Offers & Announcements
Early Booking Specials!!
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in St Lawrence Gap
San Fernando, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

A great hotel for a great value and a wonderful experience, I would surely recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to be in the heart of entertainment hub strategically located in Barbados enjoying every moment of their vacation, two thumbs up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
St. Kitts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

THe location for the South Gap view is incredible and accessible. The rooms are a dream. I stayed in a superior studio and everything is just as described. They are identical to the photos on the hotel's website. I would definitely visit there again!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is amazing as you have an ocean and pool size view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Spent 3 weeks here and had a brilliant time. Rooms cleaned everyday and very friendly staff that always have an hello for you ..would come here again and again. Pool area clean looking out on the caribbean sea ...Great for nightlife too Sugar ultra lounge over the road as well as Hal's car park bar a must if you love karaoke ....

Room Tip: Wish i had got a ground floor room as they lead straight to pool area
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

As a frequent traveller I must say this is one of the most enjoyable stay I've had at hotel. I mean I have stayed at plush five stars hotels and to be honest this hotel is right up there with them. THe best feature of this hotel is its staff.Rose and Analee go out of their way to ensure you are well taken care of..from your tours, to taxis to your breakfast. The warmth these guys provide is second to none and that's good because you feel right at home. The views from the room are breathtaking and you literally wake up to the sound of the ocean every day as its literally outside of your room? The rooms are cleaned daily and the breakfast menu quite extensive with some lovely food. I recommend the stewed cod.. That was a delight.

I would recommend the South Gap to anyone looking for a great time in Barbados,great access to transport and a fantastic night life.you are literally in the middle of the tourist entertainment and no need to travel to go clubbing or for a meal

If you're looking for a great break, some of the best hotel staff you will find in BArbados, give this hotel a try. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Try the stew Cod at breakfast and utilise the help available from the staff
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent xmas and new years here.....it was a nice hotel ... as said before it was very noisy we asked for a quiet room and were told the lower floors were better and i must admit it wasnt too bad.
We didnt use any of the hotel facilities as we prefrer the beach and this has no beach area. Its close to beaches in either direction so the location we thought was fine. i wouldnt not go back to this hotel but would try others around it with beach accesss.
The staff and room were fantastic cannot fault them at all.
For anyone wanting to be in the heart of the action especially new years eve this hotel would be perfect and the noise etc was not as bad as i had read on previous reviews.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Fernando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had the most exquisite time at this hotel, even thou they mentioned they were under renovations my bf and I were never disturbed and the ambiance and staff were totally hospitable, especially Rose...I would surely recommed South Gap Hotel to all my party friends in Trinidad and would surely visit again soon...This hotel is totally in the middle of all the excitement on the Gap and would be perfect for all party lovers...Thanks again South Gap Hotel, for making my trip to Barbados so special, you all are truly a group of wonderful people and my bf and I wish you all great success for all the years to come....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I was a little apprehensive about booking South Gap. However upon arrival, my view quickly changed. I found the hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful. The reception staff were always quick to offer assistance when required and were always very friendly.

The room was beautifully decorated for our arrival. It was spacious and clean with all the essentials we would require during our stay.

The view from the balcony was gorgeous - an expanse of turquoise ocean. We were on the 1st floor above the pool area, where I expected to be able hear music from the bar at night. This was not the case. We were never disturbed by any noise. After reading some of the reviews - I thought we would hear something... But even though I purposely strained to listened out for any noise, I failed to do so.

On the day of our arrival, we watched the street food vendors set up right outside the hotel car park - we tried the jerk chicken and mac pie which was delicious.

The Gap becomes lively at night and this hotel is in the perfect location for food/ night entertainment/ beach/ and local bus route.

Everything is within a five minute walk

During our stay our air con system began to leak water. I informed reception who quickly transferred us to a bigger suite a few doors down whilst they fix the system. We took our essentials with us and everything else remained in the other room.

We were told the system has been fixed the following day, and so we
Handed the suite key back. That night it began to drip again. I spoke to reception staff who were extremely apologetic and moved us back to the suite.

We were given a voucher for free breakfast and a bottle of wine. Which we thought was a very generous offer of good will considering we were not complaining and were not bothered by the leak. It was just for safer purposes that I informed reception.

Overall I would say the South Gap is an ideal hotel that definitely exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to South Gap Hotel? Share your experiences!