“Fine if it's happy hour” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rush

Rush
St Lawrence Gap, Barbados (Formerly The Ship)
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Exeter
“Fine if it's happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I'm not realy a St Lawrence Gap type of person, but I found myself there early evening during a recent trip.

I was feeling a bit peckish and the menue outside Rush caught my eye. It was happy hour so I popped in for a few cheap drinks and some chicken. It was nice to get a beer for BD3.5 while the chicken was cooking. The food was fine and the atmosphere was good, even though it wasn't particularly busy.

Would visit again if I was in the area.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

76% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ok, when nothing else is open...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Went to Rush.. was the only restaurant open for a late lunch in The Gap. It's 5/28 which is a bank holiday in Barbados and almost everything else was closed. Was happy to see that Rush was open, it was ok. Got 2 appetizers and asked for one chicken quesadilla and then the other beef satay... I was told that it would be more than the price on the menu to serve one-after-the-other... what? No change in portion size...both are appetizers so, needless to say had them served at the same time and for the price on the menu. I had to keep asking for water refills, etc. because the only 2 people I saw working were talking. Lastly, I sat waiting for my check and finally had to get up and just go hand her the money so that I could leave. Not likely to be back unless, it's the only thing open again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern Ireland
“New but will it last?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I'm afraid we have to agree with your other contributors on this new place in the Gap. The food was ok (I had a pasta and wifey had a burger ... there wasn't much else to tempt the palate), but there is simply no atmosphere here whatsoever ( we sat outside)
I have a feeling this place will have changed hands again by the time we go back next year ....

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Truro, Canada
“Lacks "Character"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Wednesday, March 21, 2012
We went to a new place in the Gap, called “Rush”. No real reason, we just walked up the street and that was where we stopped. Can’t really comment too much on the décor…as there wasn’t much, lol. The food and the drinks were okay. It took awhile, but eventually we got the staff engaged in some conversation and things were a lot better after that.

I would say they better pick it up or they won’t be around long.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Crossville, Tennessee
“huge portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

All the food seemed to be very large portions. The Caesar salad, which I had as a starter, would have been a meal in its self. The service was quick and staff pleasant. Presentation may be better than the food which is average. Don't regret going, but probably would try another spot next time.

Visited April 2012