You don't often get to say this, but Ocean Two was actually better than the travel brochure made it sound! We booked through Air Canada Vacations and expected to stay in a regular hotel room, but instead were given a one-bedroom ocean front apartment. The hotel is only two years old and it's clear that a lot of money was spent on kitting it out, so the accommodations were excellent. Bedroom is a bit small but the living/dining is more than adequate and the kitchen very well equipped -- even a washer and dryer!
We only used the restaurant for lunch (a la carte most days, buffet once a week) but there are plenty of restaurants not too far away. Note, however, that Ocean Two is at Dover beach, a long way from the busiest part of the gap, so unless you like long walks, you will need to take a taxi from time to time.
Pools are reasonably spacious though not very deep. Beach has been reclaimed and is quite steep once you enter the water -- take note of the warning flags! There are lots of loungers at both beach and pool, and the staff are always happy to move them around for you. Because Ocean Two practically has the beach to itself, there is a welcome absence of vendors.
We have long experience in Barbados (40 years!) so we know that properties can start strong but then fade a bit as maintenance gets scrimped on and the elements take their toll. Would be nice to think that Ocean Two will be able to avoid that fate -- right now it's an excellent addition to the hotel scene in Barbados.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a brand new, 4*, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Amex, Regatta Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St Lawrence Gap