“A little piece of heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in St Lawrence Gap
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“A little piece of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just got back from 10 days stay at Ocean 2 - What an incredible place - every single member of staff from reception through to housekeeping could not do enough for us - truly lovely people, special mention to the Pool/Beach Attendants. The hotel is sophisticated, modern and the accommodation is incredibly comfortable with amazing views of the ocean, they have a fully equipped top of the range kitchenette and you can have your own private party in the shower it's so big! - the pool and beach area are very private and are easily accessible from the rooms - the sunbeds are better than any of top Dubai hotels! The roof top is a sight to behold. It's easy walking distance to Dover Beach and St Lawrence Gap (with bars along the way) for a fantastic range of restaurants and Oisten's is 5 minutes in a cab!! A truly memorable stay and cant wait to go back!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our stay at the ocean 2 was fantastic!!! Start an easy ck in with all front desk. The room was great all the comforts of home everything you possible need. The pool and the beach were very comfortable. As for the beach and pool attendants top of the line starting with Patrick, Eerie, Shantel and also young guys that I didn't catch there names but all were so attentive. We wanted for nothing they were always around but never annoying. Always nice conversation we will remember our good friends from barbados and I hope they remember the couple from ny ( Lenore & Frankie) . I would suggest using dee the taxi driver from hotel he will give a private tour of island we were sorry we didn't take advantage of it but he was grt to use for our short trips. Restaurants I recommend would be pieces and il tempo (good Italian food) breakfast hotel was good as well and always happy hour. Thanks Ocean 2 for a great vacation!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Lenore Q,

Thank you for posting this review of your Ocean Two experience!

We are all so delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here with us! Rest assured that your positive comments have been relayed to all staff members mentioned and the entire O2 team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two in the future!

Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We were nervous by the look of the place and surrounding area initially but we couldn't be more wrong. Rooms are fantastic and height of luxury and modern facilities. Wifi is great so I've told all my friends about this place. Really loving how we can stay in and eat or cook using our super luxury kitchen or go out to the gap, Christ church or st James. Staff are lovely; Paige and Earrie to name but a few. We have another week before we leave but loving it already!

Room Tip: Using the take out service is great if you just want a chill out evening in front of tv, but you wil...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Emma S,

Many thanks for your brief but glowing review! We trust that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in its entirety and look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon!

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for 8 days on vacation in a 2BR Ocean Front on the 7th Floor. Check in was seamless. The room was very luxurious and the view from the balcony was amazing. We loved the rain showers in the bathrooms. The beds were very comfortable as well. The pool was great and happy hour was awesome. The beach was good, however We did visit other beaches during our time in Barbados that were much better. We did appreciate the beach staff as they were very attentive. We ate dinner at the restaurant a couple times and the food was very good. Most nights we walked out and find a restaurant in the Gap as there was a good variety within walking distance. I highly recommend Ocean Two for you next stay in Barbados.
Special thanks to Malinda and Kemar and Sheri.

Room Tip: 2BR Ocean Front is amazing!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear jrjohnson3,

Thank you for sharing this review of your recent Ocean Two experience. We are pleased that your friends and yourself were "wowed" by our property and staff, as we continuously strive to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and lifelong fond memories. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon!

Mayfield UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for three days prior to taking a cruise. We were highly delighted with the excellent standard of the accommodation. The staff could not have been more helpful The location on the beach is awe-inspiring. The Pool and Baech staff deserve special praise for attentiveness. Our pick-up from the hotel was not until 3.00 pm and although we had to vacate our room all facilities were available to us and another room was made available for 30 minutes for us to have a shower and refresh before leaving at no extra cost. However the only shortfall was that the restaurant is quite small and when full has a struggle to provide the service expected of a hotel of this calibre. There are of course many fine restaurants at St Lawrence's Gap not too far away

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Carollo100,

Many thanks for your review! We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your time here with us and join you in commending the staff for their helpfulness and attentiveness.

We recognize the importance of enjoying those last few hours of sun, sand, sea and excellent service and take pride in providing our guests with the ability to do so by offering our complimentary Hospitality Room, based on availability.

We appreciate your comments with regards to your dining experience. At Ocean Two we are continuously reviewing and improving our products and services offered to ensure that our guests' overall experience exceeds their expectations and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just returned home from a short stay at this hotel (27th - 30th Nov). I think everyone's comments below cover everything fantastic about this hotel so I'll try not to repeat too much. Check in and check out were fantastic. The rooms and views are out of this world (plus the rain showers are immense!). I would recommend this hotel to anyone venturing to Barbados. Great location, loads of great restaurant nearby so no need to go to an all inclusive resort. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ilovefoodnottingham,

Many thanks for your brief but glowing review. It is extremely pleasing to know that you had such a fantastic experience here with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Milton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I would like to express my gratitude to you for allowing me to experience such a wonderful property.
Thank you so much for the stay and experience at your resort. I have stayed at many resorts in Barbados some good and some not so good.
I must say my stay at Ocean Two has made me fall in love with Barbados once again. I can definitely see why my clients have rated this number one on Trip Advisor over and over again .

Your staff is first class "Kaylee and Analicia" ( Front Desk made our check in and check out effortless and easy)
Analicia stated " You are going to love your room " and she was right !
I was in room 15 B ( I beleive) Best view I have ever seen. Large Kitchen - Fully stocked with all the cooking utensils you will need. Wine cooler. Large Fridge with water and ice despensars.
Living room was large with a pull out sofa Flat screen TV and dinning table. The shower was large enough to fit 6 people . His and her sinks beautiful rain shower.
Bedroom comfortable pillow top matresses with flat screen TV . I can go on on on on . I have stayed in numerous 5 star resorts all over the Caribbean and I must say for a 4 star if the property was a bit larger in the grounds it would definatley be a 5 star.

Most front desk hand you your room key show you your room and leave you. Analicia gave us the grand tour with a smile.

Your pool and Beach attendants work very hard in the hot sun to ensure the guest are well taken care of Earrie knew my drink and when it was empty before I had a chance to stick my flag down he was right there.
Jeffery the bar tender knew my drink before I had a chance to open my mouth.
I can go on and on about my experience and how wonderful it was but I can see Ocean Two puts alot of work and time training their staff in providing exceptional customer service. I saw this first hand.

Melissa Chalbaud conducted a site inspection for us . It was very informative and for a resort only being opened for 18mths I must say everything came together perfectly.
I look forward to working with the Team at Ocean Two in the future. You all are well deserving of the number one 4star property in Barbados and if that goal has not been met yet I can see it happening very soon. You have my support %100 and I will continue to push business to your property as well as your sister properties from now on.

For any future Travellers looking for info and feedback or would like to book this resort. Please feel free to contact me.

Room Tip: Always take the one bedroom suites best category!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Natasha S,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a highly detailed review of your recent Ocean Two experience! We are extremely delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay here with us and thank you for highlighting the stellar amenities and services we provide.

We are particularly pleased to know that you greatly appreciated our in room orientation, as well as the highly personalized assistance provided by our team members. Rest assured that your positive comments have been relayed to those staff members mentioned and certainly the entire O2Team.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back to Barbados & Ocean Two soon!

Operations Manager

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!