“The BEST hotel we have ever stayed in. Amazing.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Book 2015 vacation & SAVE
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in St Lawrence Gap
“The BEST hotel we have ever stayed in. Amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

From the day my girlfriend and I arrived we were treated like royalty. Rooms were luxurious and spacious. Very clean. Stunning location and near to great bars and restaurants in the gap. A1 all round. Staff were attentive and very helpful. Will be going bk there again ASAP.

• Stayed November 2012
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear M4RKYG,

Many thanks for your brief but glowing review. We are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back with such royal treatment in the future!

Paul Collymore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We are here now on our pre Christmas trip, and booked this holiday totally on the reviews on Trip Advisor!
We came to Barbados last for the first time, fell in love with the island and decided to come back again.
After a long flight we were greeted by a welcome cocktail and an ice cold towel, just what we needed. Whilst enjoying this refresher we were checked in and then escorted to our fabulous room. We booked a 1 bedroom ocean view, wow, everything you need and more in this luxury furnished apartment. Air conditioned throughout, lounge, fully equipped kitchen with granite work surfaces, 2 x flat screens, one of the comfiest beds I have slept, a stunning bathroom with a huge walk in shower and a large balcony with two loungers, table and 4 chairs and the ocean view which is priceless!
All the staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. The do make a point of finding out about you and greeting you on first name terms, and it is evident that they are all very proud of the place they work at.
So far we have had breakfast and lunch here every day, yes the service is a bit slow, but you are on holiday, and in Barbados. Chillax and have another Banks!
The comfy oversized sun beds abound the pool and on the beach are ready for you, with towels on every morning. And there is enough to go around so you don't have to be up at 6am to go and reserve!
Walked down to The Gap for evening meals and an afternoon stroll (beer). The locals will approach you, and try to sell you everything including their mother!,but if you say you are not interested, they will have a chat and won't harass you. That's one of the things we like about the island is that you feel safe amongst the locals.
It will be hard to beat this holiday, and I am sure we will be booking to come back again.
Thanks O2 !

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear wilko987,

Thank you for taking the time to post this highly detailed review of your recent O2 experience. You are right, we are all very proud of Ocean Two and reading such reviews gives us even more pride and satisfaction in knowing that we are providing fantastic and memorable service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Barbados & Ocean Two in the future!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My partner and I stayed one night at O2, after an 11 day crossing of the Atlantic. The room was not ready when we arrived as we had anticipated because we were a bit early. But WOW, what a surprise... we were upgraded to the penthouse suite. Most probably the best penthouse suite we've ever seen! Huge, modern, comfortable, quiet, extra large balcony, all the amenities you could wish for! From our arrival to departure, everyone at O2 were so friendly and helpful. St-Lawrence Gap is close by and we had a romantic dinner on the upper deck of Pisces restaurant overlooking the sea!!! I recommend O2 without any hesitation and we look forward to go back soon!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the hotel during the month of october from the 11th-14th, my room number was PH1B.
This was probably the most noisy room that the hotel could have given me. It was near the emergency exit and I could hear the door slamming at all hours during the day and night which woke me up. Also located above the room, there was some sort of pool pump room or electrical room as I could hear a lot of noise being generated from the equipment. (this could be heard especially at night when trying to sleep). Also on a Saturday afternoon you could hear music from the surrounding bars blasting, even when the windows are closed. There was also a weird situation where on the 1st 2 days of my stay house keeping and maintenance men entered by room without knocking while i was asleep. I found this very rude and alarming.
Further to this on the last day of my stay I requested a late check out, the hotel was not accommodating unless I was willing to pay an extra 180us for a later check out. I found this rather disturbing as I have stayed all over the world and hotels are willing to give a complimentary late check outas long as the room is not booked up. seems to me they are simply money hungry and dont seem to care if the stay is enjoyable or not.

Room Tip: do not get room PH1B on the seventh floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear genna l,

We are quite disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your time here with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences occured with regards to your room, and wish you had expressed these concerns to us as we would have been more than willing to relocate you. Rest assured that the entire O2 staff have been briefed on the concerns you raised.

We do offer late check outs and a hospitality room, subject to availability, to allow our guests with late departures the opportunity to enjoy their last few hours with us.

Although this trip didn't meet your expectations, we truly hope that you would give us another chance in the future, as we are confident that we can provide you with the true Ocean Two experience.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Ocean Two for our babymoon in the middle of October and had a lovely time! Unfortunately, the weather wasn’t great for the first 2 days. On our way to Barbados, we were grounded in Martinique for a couple of hours as the airport in Barbados was closed. But thanks to JetBlue, we did end up making it to Barbados that evening! That first night, Friday, we went to the very popular Oistin’s Fish Fry which was quite a good time! The food was so delicious!! And the local “entertainment” was fun to watch. The rest of the time we basically hung out by the pool and ate a lot of food! After all, we were on our babymoon!
The hotel grounds are very nice. Everything is very open and airy and the apartments are beautiful with fully equipped kitchens with top of the line appliances. The rooms and the hotel grounds are very clean as well. We had pre-ordered groceries so our fridge was stocked when we got there, but the little grocery store that everyone talks about is literally right across the street so it’s not necessary to pre-order. Though the store is little, they have a lot of stuff, pretty much anything we needed while we were there. The staff at the hotel is so friendly and helpful! Since it’s an apt style place, they don’t advertise any tours or try to push any activities on you, which is really nice. However, if you ask them, they can certainly help you. I did have a couple of complaints about the hotel, however, I never voiced them to anyone so I won’t hold it against them. One is that all the linens and towels are white and some of my pillowcases and towels were stained. Not dirty, just stained from use. I think the hotel could probably use some better bleach or just replace some linens. Also the rooms had very few hooks for things like towels, bathing suits, etc. A few hooks on the back of the bathroom and bedroom doors would help a lot for people who like to be organized like me! One of the elevators was still broken so wait time for an elevator was sometimes a bit long. That didn’t bother me in the least but I know other reviewers had mentioned it was supposed to be fixed but it doesn’t look like they’ve gotten around to it. Lastly, the beds weren't comfortable for either hubby or me. Keep in mind that I was 6.5 months pregnant and hubby sometimes has back troubles but we generally get used to hotel beds on vacation...this time we never did.
As far as food, we made our own breakfast every day and had lunch at Scotty’s next door almost every day. If you want authentic Bajan food, Scotty’s is the place to go! You know you’re getting good stuff just by looking at the locals sitting outside. It’s very cheap too! For about $15 USD, we would stuff ourselves with various meats, mac pie, rice, banana bread, etc. Super delicious!! For dinner, we walked down to St. Lawrence Gap almost every night. At first the walk was a bit scary but once we realized that everyone was friendly and no one was going to harm us, we were okay. We also thought that people were leaving us alone in general because I was pregnant but one night, the locals who hang out on street right outside the hotel offered us drugs so that wasn’t the case! The Gap is about a 15-20 min walk from the hotel and is a nice walk to make back after eating too much! We had dinner at Pisces, Harlequin and Café Sol. Pisces is beautiful, right on the water, great atmosphere. The food was good as well- the best bread pudding I’ve ever had. The food at Harlequin was good as well and was a fun spot to people watch. Café Sol is the popular place on the Gap with fun drinks and always a crowd of people. The food there was really good as well. We also had dinner at the hotel one night and to be honest, we were the most disappointed in that dinner. The food was average and service was horrible. We were one of 2 tables so there was no excuse. We had a feeling that they were taking their time so we didn’t feel rushed but it was really really slow. At the end of dinner, the chef came out to explain that our entrees took a long time because I needed the rack of lamb cooked well done and that took a half hour. Even though our dinner wasn’t up to par, I would still recommend eating at the hotel restaurant. We had lunch from the restaurant earlier in our stay and it was delicious.
Overall, we had a very lovely time in Barbados and at Ocean Two. If we return to Barbados, I would definitely stay at the hotel again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Pojobee,

Thank you for your review! We were all delighted that you chose to celebrate your babymoon with us and from your comments, it sounds like overall you had a fantastic time.

We are pleased to inform you that our eastern elevator has been fixed and is fully functional. We appreciate the opportunity to remedy any issue or inconvenience while our guests are with us and wish that you had raised your concerns while on property. We appreciate all of your suggestions and your comments regarding your dining experience and you can rest assured that remedial action has already been taken and new processes put in place.

At Ocean Two we are continuously reviewing and improving our products and services offered to ensure that our guests' overall experience exceeds their expectations and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to Ocean Two soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Not many reviews on here regarding the 'basic hotel room', so thought I'd just let you know that they are great. While we don't have a front facing ocean view we get a parcial ocean view and spectacular sunset views every night (we are on the side of the complex).

The room is pretty perfect as others have mentioned with the suites, huge comfy bed and large monsoon showers - beautifully present and very sumptuous.

I would highly recommend if your budget doesn't stretch to the suites. No point in rehashing what everyone else is saying....it really is a pretty special place to stay on all counts!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear KazzaMac72,

Thank you for your review and a special thank you for highlighting the positive features of our standard hotel room. It seems as though you had a fantastic stay and we hope to welcome you back again quite soon.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

There is very little that can be added to all the previous good t/a reports regarding the Oceans Two. Everything that has been said is true. We spent ten nights there at the end of October and loved it. The oceanfront rooms are like apartments with every mod con you are liable to need. Our room on the 7th floor was very quiet and the view from the balcony was stunning - especially the wonderful sunsets. The hotel is situated at the quieter end of The Gap. This excludes Sundays when the bar across the street has a karaoke evening. We decided to go and it was a really good night. We were lucky enough to hear some really good singers. Most of the restaurants are 10/15 minutes walk away which initially was a concern as parts of the road are not very well lit. However, we never encountered any problems when we went out to eat each evening. Two restaurants worth mentioning are Harlequins and Pisces. Our only suggestion, when booking this hotel, is to go for a room only or B and B deal. Although the food in the hotel restaurant was good the menu choice is quite limited.
A fantastic hotel in a great location and all the staff are really friendly and helpful. It wouldn't be fair to single any one member of staff out as they were all great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!