My husband and I stayed at Ocean Two for our babymoon in the middle of October and had a lovely time! Unfortunately, the weather wasn’t great for the first 2 days. On our way to Barbados, we were grounded in Martinique for a couple of hours as the airport in Barbados was closed. But thanks to JetBlue, we did end up making it to Barbados that evening! That first night, Friday, we went to the very popular Oistin’s Fish Fry which was quite a good time! The food was so delicious!! And the local “entertainment” was fun to watch. The rest of the time we basically hung out by the pool and ate a lot of food! After all, we were on our babymoon!
The hotel grounds are very nice. Everything is very open and airy and the apartments are beautiful with fully equipped kitchens with top of the line appliances. The rooms and the hotel grounds are very clean as well. We had pre-ordered groceries so our fridge was stocked when we got there, but the little grocery store that everyone talks about is literally right across the street so it’s not necessary to pre-order. Though the store is little, they have a lot of stuff, pretty much anything we needed while we were there. The staff at the hotel is so friendly and helpful! Since it’s an apt style place, they don’t advertise any tours or try to push any activities on you, which is really nice. However, if you ask them, they can certainly help you. I did have a couple of complaints about the hotel, however, I never voiced them to anyone so I won’t hold it against them. One is that all the linens and towels are white and some of my pillowcases and towels were stained. Not dirty, just stained from use. I think the hotel could probably use some better bleach or just replace some linens. Also the rooms had very few hooks for things like towels, bathing suits, etc. A few hooks on the back of the bathroom and bedroom doors would help a lot for people who like to be organized like me! One of the elevators was still broken so wait time for an elevator was sometimes a bit long. That didn’t bother me in the least but I know other reviewers had mentioned it was supposed to be fixed but it doesn’t look like they’ve gotten around to it. Lastly, the beds weren't comfortable for either hubby or me. Keep in mind that I was 6.5 months pregnant and hubby sometimes has back troubles but we generally get used to hotel beds on vacation...this time we never did.
As far as food, we made our own breakfast every day and had lunch at Scotty’s next door almost every day. If you want authentic Bajan food, Scotty’s is the place to go! You know you’re getting good stuff just by looking at the locals sitting outside. It’s very cheap too! For about $15 USD, we would stuff ourselves with various meats, mac pie, rice, banana bread, etc. Super delicious!! For dinner, we walked down to St. Lawrence Gap almost every night. At first the walk was a bit scary but once we realized that everyone was friendly and no one was going to harm us, we were okay. We also thought that people were leaving us alone in general because I was pregnant but one night, the locals who hang out on street right outside the hotel offered us drugs so that wasn’t the case! The Gap is about a 15-20 min walk from the hotel and is a nice walk to make back after eating too much! We had dinner at Pisces, Harlequin and Café Sol. Pisces is beautiful, right on the water, great atmosphere. The food was good as well- the best bread pudding I’ve ever had. The food at Harlequin was good as well and was a fun spot to people watch. Café Sol is the popular place on the Gap with fun drinks and always a crowd of people. The food there was really good as well. We also had dinner at the hotel one night and to be honest, we were the most disappointed in that dinner. The food was average and service was horrible. We were one of 2 tables so there was no excuse. We had a feeling that they were taking their time so we didn’t feel rushed but it was really really slow. At the end of dinner, the chef came out to explain that our entrees took a long time because I needed the rack of lamb cooked well done and that took a half hour. Even though our dinner wasn’t up to par, I would still recommend eating at the hotel restaurant. We had lunch from the restaurant earlier in our stay and it was delicious.
Overall, we had a very lovely time in Barbados and at Ocean Two. If we return to Barbados, I would definitely stay at the hotel again!
- Also Known As:
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Barbados/St Lawrence Gap
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a brand new, 4*, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.