“Your not going to disappointed!” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean Two Resort & Residences
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dover St, St Lawrence Gap, Barbados   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in St Lawrence Gap
“Your not going to disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Not many reviews on here regarding the 'basic hotel room', so thought I'd just let you know that they are great. While we don't have a front facing ocean view we get a parcial ocean view and spectacular sunset views every night (we are on the side of the complex).

The room is pretty perfect as others have mentioned with the suites, huge comfy bed and large monsoon showers - beautifully present and very sumptuous.

I would highly recommend if your budget doesn't stretch to the suites. No point in rehashing what everyone else is saying....it really is a pretty special place to stay on all counts!

• Stayed November 2012
OceanHotelsBarbados, Operations Manager at Ocean Two Resort & Residences, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear KazzaMac72,

Thank you for your review and a special thank you for highlighting the positive features of our standard hotel room. It seems as though you had a fantastic stay and we hope to welcome you back again quite soon.

Paul Collymore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

There is very little that can be added to all the previous good t/a reports regarding the Oceans Two. Everything that has been said is true. We spent ten nights there at the end of October and loved it. The oceanfront rooms are like apartments with every mod con you are liable to need. Our room on the 7th floor was very quiet and the view from the balcony was stunning - especially the wonderful sunsets. The hotel is situated at the quieter end of The Gap. This excludes Sundays when the bar across the street has a karaoke evening. We decided to go and it was a really good night. We were lucky enough to hear some really good singers. Most of the restaurants are 10/15 minutes walk away which initially was a concern as parts of the road are not very well lit. However, we never encountered any problems when we went out to eat each evening. Two restaurants worth mentioning are Harlequins and Pisces. Our only suggestion, when booking this hotel, is to go for a room only or B and B deal. Although the food in the hotel restaurant was good the menu choice is quite limited.
A fantastic hotel in a great location and all the staff are really friendly and helpful. It wouldn't be fair to single any one member of staff out as they were all great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Oceans Two is only 18 months old so is very new and well kept with things being maintained and painted all the time. From our first arrival and welcome with cold cloths and iced drinks the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We had a two bedroom corner suite with full ocean view which was like a full on apartment with everything we could possibly need. The atmosphere is relaxed and quiet and I don't think really suitable for children. It is located on a beautiful small beach between Dover Beach and Turtle Beach. You have to be aware of the strong waves and rocks when sea swimming and on breezy days there are quite a few boarders. There are more than enough very comfy loungers on the beach and round the swimming pools. Staff bring cold flannels and iced water to sunbathers and warn people to wear sun block etc. There is a swim up pool bar with a happy hour at lunch and again late afternoon and excellent cocktails. Because everyone has a full kitchen I think they currently find meals difficult to assess though we had the buffet breakfast a couple of mornings it was one price 35 Bajan $ so as we just wanted continental we bought in and ate it on our terrace. If there had been a cheaper continental option we would have had that. We had lunch most days and there was a tapas or lunch menu. However we hardly ever saw anyone eat there in the evening and think if they promoted it more and even taken bookings so they knew numbers perhaps a fish evening or BBQ on the beach we would have happily stayed in - as it was we ate out every night as there is such a large number of restaurants within a walk or short taxi drive away. We also enjoyed the managers cocktail evening on the roof top pool terrace.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We recently had an amazing five night holiday at Ocean Two. All the staff members were friendly and efficient. The hotel itself is beautiful. Sunset on the rooftop patio is definitely not to be missed! Can't wait to return !

Room Tip: Our apartment on the eastern end of the fourth floor was just perfect ! Being an end unit, there is...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have never taken the time to write a review about a hotel, however my experience at Oceans 2 Resort was truly exceptional and deserving of a great review. I had the pleasure of visiting this resort early November. It was only a 2 night stay and I was celebrating my birthday. Unfortunately, at the last minute my husband could not attend our trip due to a work related issue. Nevertheless, I decided to travel alone. From the very moment I arrived at the resort, I was greeted with friendly beautiful smiles, a cool wet towel and a lovely flavorful non-alcoholic cocktail. Upon finding out that I was alone, the staff reassured me that they would "keep an eye out for me" and this made me feel so comfortable. The standard room was modern, clean, and bed was so comfortable with nice fluffy pillows. The buffet breakfast is great and all the staff at the restaurant were amazing! The private beach is stunning and chairs are always available with fresh clean towels.While enjoying the sun on the beach I was offered ice water, and a cool wet face cloth. These little details are what makes the hotel and staff standout. I mentioned that it was my birthday to one of the beach staff. He brought me a complimentary cocktail. Later that evening, I was surprised with a complimentary bottle of wine brought to my room. They all went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, safe and special while traveling alone. I am very well travelled and honestly, never have I received such fabulous treatment, it was truly royal!
Finally, after checking out I realized that I had left my diamond ring in the room. The cleaning staff was unable to locate it and I was told that if they found it they would contact me. I had no hope of ever seeing it again. The same night the hotel called stating that they had found the ring and it was fed-exed to me the same week. Unbelievable!!!
So with all this said, I truly recommend everyone visit Ocean 2. From the staff, the service, the rooms, the food, the pools, the beach etc., all are phenomenal! You will not be disappointed it is everything and more!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear BellaStella04,

Many thanks for your detailed review of your recent Ocean Two experience. Your positive comments with regards to all aspects of your stay are greatly appreciated and I join you in commending all staff members for a job well done. We hope that you thoroughly enjoyed your birthday here with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean Two soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

As a "road warrior", I don't generally gush over hotels when on a business trip, but this Resort is so special I wanted to share it.

It is a hidden gem, tucked away on Barbados' South Coast. The moment you enter, you realize it is unique - elegant, yet relaxed.

The 1 bedroom ocean view had all the amenities you could imagine, with everything new and upscale.

The staff is incredible, and the dinner at Taste was exceptional.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting O2 Barbados early October and really haven't stopped praising the staff for the warmth I received while there. From the time I arrived to the hotel until the time I left, I felt like at home. The staff is GREAT. They went out of their way to ensure my stay was an enjoyable one. I'd like to give special kudos to Shauntell, Earrie, Robyn, O'neal and Andre...you guys ROCK!!!

Even though I didn't spend much time in my room, it was wonderful. It boasts, travertine floors, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, rainfall shower and so much more! O2 Barbados is a MUST STAY!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear dayswork69,

Thank you for sharing your Ocean Two experience by posting this review. It is pleasing to read such wonderful comments, particularly regarding the exceptional service you received from our staff. We look forward to welcoming you “home” again very soon.

Kind Regards,
Paul Collymore

Been to Ocean Two Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!