I booked this hotel a full year in advance through Virgin Holidays. I picked it as it was a budget hotel but seemed to be in the exact position on the island I was looking for according to the brochure - slap bang in the night-life and right next to the beach. Sounded perfect!
Then I started reading the reviews on here, some were positive of course, others rather scathing. I was a little perturbed but not too much so, location was my main thing, and I knew that was pretty much guaranteed!
So me and my partner arrived on Sunday 28th September and stayed for 14 nights. Got there in the evening so was too dark to check out hotel amenities outdoors, but room was well presented, everything worked and the bed was huge! We were allocated a room on the top floor as requested as well so we were off to a good start. All the restaurants on the gap were open Sunday night so we ate somewhere close-by and then went to sleep - I was very excited about daylight arriving!
In the morning, the sun was shining gloriously and I got to appreciate the view from our balcony. Even if the rest of the hotel had have been rubbish, it was worth it for the view alone. The beach right outside us had gorgeous warm, clear waters, really shallow to very far out, some days we didn't even bother with the bigger beaches!
Pool was nice and warm too, and the pool side bar had delicious breakfast and lunch. I didn't meet one grumpy member of staff at the front desk or anywhere else in the hotel and I really have no complaints. Plenty of towels replenished every day, room cleaned thoroughly daily and every request catered for.
I loved the island and would definitely stay at the Rostrevor again if it wasn't for seeing the Crane Hotel from our helicopter tour over the island! It looked gorgeous! Of course that would cost a whole lot more money..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rostrevor Hotel offers great rooms, great value and a great location! Located on a secluded beach in the heart of St. Lawrence Gap, Rostrevor Hotel features a variety of spacious, self-catering, guest rooms that offer breathtaking ocean views. The family owned and operated property is renowned for its flexibility and highly personalized service. The ocean side swimming pool is catered with delicious fare from the Almond Tree Pool Bar and Harlequin Restaurant, located directly on the Gap, offers casual starlight dining. Other facilities and amenities include daily maid service, free wifi, a gym, laundry facilities, accommodation for wheel chair users and convenient parking facilities. Rostrevor Hotel is just 15 minutes from both the airport and Bridgetown, and given its ideal location, there are a plethora of shopping, dining and lively entertainment options right at the hotel’s doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Regatta Hotels and Priceline so you can book your Rostrevor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rostrevor Christ Church
- Rostrevor Hotel Christ Church
- Rostrevor Barbados
- Rostrevor Hotel Barbados/St Lawrence Gap