•The price is great at $35/£27 per night
• The location is perfect: it is right in the middle of St. Lawrence Gap which is the hip strip of Barbados filled with restaurants and clubs.
• Dover Beach is right across the street, through the pink hotel. Dover is one the better beaches on the warm Caribbean Sea side of the island with very gentle waves.
• Oistins which is a fishing village that is the place to be on Fiday and Saturday nights is a short cheap bus ride away
• It's only fifteen minutes to the airport
• The place is quiet in the off season (can't speak about peak times)
• The staff are helpful and friendly
• I was able to use the phone to make local calls free of charge
• There is a safe in the room
The not so good:
• Some of the towels and sheets could be in better condition but were usable
• There is a dodgy area adjacent to the location, if you turn right at all times and walk in The Gap only this area can be avoided. I say dodgy, but I doubt there is any significant danger as all the Barbadians I encountered were super friendly and willing to leave me alone if I asked them to.
• Take the bus or route taxis. It's $2BBD equivalent to $1/£0.60 and it's safe.
• The locals are NOT trying to con you. If you're one of those annoying people who distrust everyone who doesn't look like you, stay home.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Guest House Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Rio Guest House Hotel
- Rio Guest House Barbados/St Lawrence Gap
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Rio Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.