I got early check-in, but was told that I was lucky that the room was prepared.
The room was basic, and reflected the price, but was all I needed to be comfortable, as I was up and about. The safe didn't work, and the AC wasn't on blast like I like it, but it was fine. I had a small balcony as well to enjoy late afternoons. It came with a Queen size bed, Flat screen TV and min-fridge.
The bathroom was clean, but I never got the hot water to work. Not a deal breaker for me, after a steamy Barbadian day.
Breakfast was continental and included. I think I only had it one day. I was too lazy on other days to go down for it. The Gap is great for food though, especially in the evening, so I never went hungry.
My only sore point was that they sort of lock the main entrance at 11 p.m. requiring you to buzz for security to open. Great for guest safety, a bit of a bother after the first night for me, as I'd be out with friends.
Friends would come to my room and hang out, I didn't see much problem in it, except when I was called by front desk by the receptionist on duty one evening and scolded "I've noticed guests going into your room, that are not registered..." Felt like I was on a college dorm again or on Big Brother! What the hey, since I was the only one in my room, registered my friends to my room, and was done with that.
Otherwise okay hotel in a BEAUTIFUL country. I'd consider it again if on a budget in Barbados.
- Also Known As:
- Time Out At The Gap Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Time Out At The Gap Hotel
- Time Out Gap
- Time Out
- Time Out Gap Barbados
- Time Out Hotel Barbados/St Lawrence Gap
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Time Out Hotel is ideally located on the South Coast of Barbados, in the St. Lawrence Gap area, across the road from the beautiful Dover Beach and next to Dover playing field. The hotel is situated near restaurants, nightclubs, supermarkets, and casinos. Time Out Hotel consists of 76 rooms divided into Standard rooms, Superior rooms, Pool View rooms and Deluxe/Family suites. In addition, we have a bar and restaurant on property, a pool and our very own wedding coordinator! Whether travelling to Barbados on business or pleasure, we offer you comfortable accommodation, friendly service, and genuine island warmth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Regatta Hotels and Priceline so you can book your Time Out Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.