“Good for a few nights” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Time Out Hotel

You added Time Out Hotel to your Saves list
Time Out Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   St. Lawrence Gap, | Dover Beach, St Lawrence Gap, Barbados   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in St Lawrence Gap
Riverdale, Georgia
“Good for a few nights”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I got early check-in, but was told that I was lucky that the room was prepared.

The room was basic, and reflected the price, but was all I needed to be comfortable, as I was up and about. The safe didn't work, and the AC wasn't on blast like I like it, but it was fine. I had a small balcony as well to enjoy late afternoons. It came with a Queen size bed, Flat screen TV and min-fridge.

The bathroom was clean, but I never got the hot water to work. Not a deal breaker for me, after a steamy Barbadian day.

Breakfast was continental and included. I think I only had it one day. I was too lazy on other days to go down for it. The Gap is great for food though, especially in the evening, so I never went hungry.

My only sore point was that they sort of lock the main entrance at 11 p.m. requiring you to buzz for security to open. Great for guest safety, a bit of a bother after the first night for me, as I'd be out with friends.

Friends would come to my room and hang out, I didn't see much problem in it, except when I was called by front desk by the receptionist on duty one evening and scolded "I've noticed guests going into your room, that are not registered..." Felt like I was on a college dorm again or on Big Brother! What the hey, since I was the only one in my room, registered my friends to my room, and was done with that.

Otherwise okay hotel in a BEAUTIFUL country. I'd consider it again if on a budget in Barbados.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great place to stay if you want value priced accommodation and OK cuisine. Close to beach and attractions. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Pool area is great if you want to have quiet time and read a book or have a dip to cool off from the heat of the day. Other eateries in the area have great value and good food.

Room Tip: Overlook the pool
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed here after a recommendation from my parents. The room was large with a super-king bed, tv, free wifi, aircon and a functioning bathroom. The staff were fantastic, everyone from the maids to the front desks were happy to help during our stay. We paid $25 for late check out which was reasonable. Overall it's a tidy property which was more than we expected for the price we paid, especially the size of the room. The decor, fridge and bathroom fixtures were all quite dated but to be honest I've found that's often the standard in the Caribbean. There was a flat screen tv though!

If you just want a nice place to rest your head, close to the beach and attractions of St Lawrence Gap, but not too fancy or expensive, then this place is ideal. I'd certainly recommend this hotel to others and will visit again.

• Stayed January 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Within a minutes walk of stunning beaches, this hotel is extremely well priced.

The bed was large and comfortable, large room with vaulted ceiling and air con, basic three piece en-suite bathroom.

The hotels biggest asset is its staff who were friendly and extremely helpful.

Julita our maid arranged a complimentary bottle of fizz for my partners birthday.

Pierre and Lisa on reception couldn't do enough. Made our reservations at restaurants, booked our cabs etc.

Clean beach towels provided daily.

I would and most likely will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
s.wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for two weeks recently and have to say, it was an enjoyable stay here. Yes there are a few negatives, but nothing major. Our room was on the ground floor, right in front of the pool. Check in was quick and easy, and we were asked if we would like help taking our luggage to our room. The rooms arent a bad size, but like someone else mentioned, the fridge is a bit noisy, The beds we found were very comfortable and the room had two of them, one each, they were double size, so plenty room for a person to stretch out. The room was very limited on electric points, you had to pull out the fridge plug to be able to plug the kettle in and again to use the hairdryer, if i wanted to charge my phone or kindle, then i would pull the lamp plug out, not ideal really, the rooms were cleaned every day and the maids were really friendly and pleasant with usually a smile as well. The shower could get a bit hit and miss, but mostly ok. Beach towels were also supplied, which looked of good quality, sun beds were good too, the had thickish pads on them. One of the managers, Alycia,(hope i have spelt it right) came around to ask guests if they were ok and was there any problems, she was the most politest caring manager i have ever come across, not many managers in hotels bother to ask if everything ok, so this was really nice, and she always had a smile, she made all guests feel welcome. The restaurant in the hotel served the most wonderful food, the meals we had in there were always delicious and the restaurant staff were always friendly and polite, and if they werent too busy would stay and have a chat with you nothing was too ,much trouble for them.
On our last day i asked if we could check out at 1.00pm instead of 12.00pm, they said it would be ok and there was no charge, most places would either say sorry that room needed to be cleaned, or charge for the privelidge, so this was great for us. all in all a great stay, and to top it all we met some really nice people staying here as well. The only thing though, there arent safes in all rooms, but reception have deposit boxes, no charge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
La Cala de Mijas, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just had three wonderful weeks here. The staff were amazing, very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and very comfortable and serviced beautifull;y every day. The beautiful Dover beach opposite was great. All restaurants around were good, great food which was particularly good value in the hotel restaurant and bar "The Sporting Pig".
Wifi and internet access was excellent. When asked for accessories (ie Hairdryer, Iron and ironing board) they were brought to the room immediately. Absolutely nothing to pick a problem with all our needs were met. Thanks to the friendliness of staff and management and the beautiful location we really did have an amazing holiday. 100% returning to this wonderful place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Diego Martin, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I just got back last night from Beautiful Barbados, where I stayed at Time Out Hotel. Best Vacation spot ever!!! The staff ALL friendly and hospitable, the only thing they don't do is throw rose petals for you to walk on, and if suggested I am sure they will........... The room was clean beds are comfy A/C works TV works pool was always clean restaurant clean and staff friendly helpful and food awesome!!!
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!!! There is a Convenience Store on the compound along with a Casino, Car Rental company on the left and a local food store/bar on the left also. Beach across a 6' wide street and basketball,football & Cricket ground on the right always a game to watch. Not even mentioning the fact that we are in St. Lawrence Gap the Night Life Gap of Barbados and all the Restaurants and bars you can think of. Craft makers line the street you can get all their handy work.
My Birthday Vacation I might add, the front desk staff made it soooo much better booked my Tour to Harrison Caves (beautiful must see) and came back to my room to find a bottle of wine all chilled and ready for drinking!!!!
Like I said "simply amazing"

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Time Out Hotel? Share your experiences!