“Will stay there again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yellow Bird Hotel

You added Yellow Bird Hotel to your Saves list
Yellow Bird Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   St. Lawrence Gap | Christ Church, St Lawrence Gap BB15018, Barbados   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in St Lawrence Gap
Trinidad
“Will stay there again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2006

I booked in with a group and the Staff was very helpful with bookings. Great place to stay...probably the only place in the Gap with Free High Speed Internet Service. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Everything I needed was right there! Nightlife, beach, restaurants. Close to the main road as well for taxis and mini buses which took us straight to Bridgetown and the Garrisson.

Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2006

My girlfriend and I as well as another couple stayed at the Yellow Bird Hotel during the weekend of Nov. 4-6 2005 and had a blast. It is a cozy hotel providing very prompt and efficient service. The staff made us feel very comfortable and were very courteous.
The hotel's restaurant was very well laid out and offered a view of the ocean which the hotel overlooks. In addition to having its own restaurant, Yellow Bird is ideally located in the St. Lawrence Gap, the entertainment hub. This provided us with easy access to parties and various restaurants and bars. Also within close proximity are several beaches located along the South Coast of the island.
Access to Bridgetown is just a bus ride away and with the bus stop being around the corner your travel time is at the very most 20-25 minutes.

Yellow Bird has combined a great location with courteous service and its affordable rates are well worth it.

• Stayed November 2005
brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2005

First things first....this is not a luxury hotel so don't expect 4 star accomodation. However, it is still a great place to stay. Our room was extremely cheap and having read reviews here, I did have high hopes and the hotel completely lived up to them. Upon arrival, the flight attendant who I was travelling with was a little disappointed as there wasn't any soap in the bathroom and the room wasn't up to what he usually expects, but I reminded him that he usually stays in 4 star hotels that cost around £200 a night, and this cost about a quarter of that. By the end of the holiday, he was completely won over by the hotel aswell. Anything the hotel lacked in luxury, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff more than made up for it.
We spent a week here and it was perfect for us, a group of three young friends on a holiday. You are in a great location with AMAZING views and you are within minutes from a great beach. The club next door is noisy, however we just shut all our doors in the night, turned up the air conditioning and you could barely hear anything and it was never a problem. The pool area could have been better but it was perfect for a quick dip which is all you really need because the beaches are so nice. The room itself was well equipped, a good size and although the cleaning was a little hit and miss, it did get cleaned most days and the maid got us everything we asked for.
The reason that this hotel really won us over was due to the relaxed, friendly and helpful nature of the staff. They helped us book a rental car and cabs but were never pushy if we chose another supplier, we had free use of the safety deposit box, beach towels and the office computer to check emails and the night sucurity guard was extremely chatty and helpful, especially when we got locked out! I also left my cell phone in the cab on the way to the airport and after phoning the hotel, they got in touch with the driver and persuaded him to drive back to the airport and drop it off to me, which saved me a huge amount of stress. Finally, 2 months after we returned, the manager personally sent me an email apologising for a tiny hitch we had when booking that they had just noticed....we hadn't even complained and didn't really care the problem was so small! Whilst this level of service may be normal in other, more expensive hotels, I dont expect it in a hotel like this and it always felt that they went out of their way to please us. Don't go expecting to stay in a luxury, all-inclusive resort but do go expecting a fun, cheap, relaxed and well equipped hotel in a great location! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2005

I took my mum,her friend and my sister to the Yellow Bird. It was fantastic ! The receptionist were great, bar staff lovely. I had the penthouse suite(for the second time) and I love it !! Well worth the money.
Location is brilliant for a girlie holiday, near the bars and restuarants . The nearest beaches are Worthing and Dover, which are out of this world.
Roll on the next time "I come back".
Thankyou Geeta for a welcoming stay !!

• Stayed December 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2005

I only stayed there one night but it was great! I was able to take care of everything online first, so getting there and checking in was a breeze. Very friendly staff, making you feel very welcomed. Room was great, very unique and clean. Too bad my stay wasn't long enough to fully enjoy everything.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2005

Location alone, with your room's view across the bay warrants an above average rating for this cosy hotel. If you want nightlife and nice restraunts they are on the doorstep in 'The Gap'or a short walk to Worthing beach and you can find a more relaxed atmosphere and enjoy a Banks beer or two with fish cutter. The rooms are equipped with the basic needs and the studio apartments with x2 double beds are great for families. There is a bit of noise from the nearby Reggae Lounge but it didn't bother the kids and mum and dad don't recall it being too much of a nuisance.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2005

spent 2 weeks here,would have only been 4 nights if we had been able to co
ntact rep.Local club backed onto hotel and opened to 4.30am+
there was 3 adults + we had 2 bath towels between us for 4 days.
It was exceptionally hot, even for the locals, but our sheets were only changed on the 8th day.
our floor was brushed twice,beds made 6 times,bathroom + kitchen never.
very well equiped apartments,friendly + helpful reception staff,bright rooms,luckily ours was one of the only two with air conditioning.
Housekeeping really let this small cosy hotel down.

Been to Yellow Bird Hotel? Share your experiences!