We did a lot of research before booking this hotel and it actually exceeded all our expectations. Its location is perfect. We were slightly concerned about noise at night because we stayed in every evening with our 17 month old son who isn't the best sleeper and we didn't want his (or our) sleep disturbed. The noise levels are minimal and certainly nothing at all to worry about. Once he was asleep every evening, my husband and I sat with a drink (or 2) on the balcony, overlooking the sea- beautiful. Every morning, the 3 of us had breakfast on the balcony and watched the fishermen going about their work.
The pool was perfect- it certainly isn't Olympic size but it was perfect for us and we went swimming every morning. Every afternoon we went to the beach and returned, without fail, to a spotlessly clean and tidy room, which was a huge undertaking for the staff, especially considering the mess our son makes!
As well as the amazing cleaning staff, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Audrey has a great team and nothing is too much trouble.
I guess the only improvement that could be made is that the rooms are a little tired looking, however, this didn't affect our enjoyment at all, especially because they are kept so immaculately. Additionally, Audrey showed us the 'prototype' refurbished room that will be ready soon and there's been no expense spared- it will be lovely.
We consider ourselves well travelled and we always like to go to different places on holiday. Now we've found the Yellow Bird, however, I don't think we'll go elsewhere for a while because it's the perfect place for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap, 7 km from the airport and 10 km from the city of Bridgetown, Yellow Bird Hotel offers a choice of self-catering oceanfront studio apartments or two-bedroom suites, all with FREE WiFi. This boutique hotel boasts a large number of repeat guests who usually book their next stay with us as soon as they return home. Fabulous service, great value, awesome views! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Yellow Bird Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baywatch Hotel Yellow Bird
- Yellow Bird Hotel Barbados/St Lawrence Gap