This review is late; however, we feel that we still need to post to share our experiences from our amazing second stay at the Yellow Bird! We traveled to Barbados from March 20 - 30 with another couple and all four of us had a wonderful time! We booked the 2-bedroom upstairs suite with the rooftop patio and it was very impressive. The decor was modern and very inviting. Each morning, we made our own breakfast and the kitchen and dining room area perfectly accommodated us to enjoy our meal in very relaxing surroundings. Every day, following breakfast, we headed upstairs to spend some time on our rooftop patio overlooking St. Lawrence Bay - words cannot describe the amazing view and the comfort of the rooftop was a perfect start to every day in beautiful Barbados!
On our first day, we headed to the grocery stop to pick up our breakfast items, snacks and beverages for our stay. The location is very convenient - just a 10 minute walk from the Yellow Bird!
The staff at the Yellow Bird are second to none. They are extremely helpful and very accommodating - whether we wanted to know the directions to a particular beach, the best restaurant to suit our needs on a particular day (including making a reservation), or just about any other question we had, they were always there to lend a helping hand with smiling faces. We felt like family during both of our stays.
The location is just perfect - right at the beginning of the St. Lawrence Gap. Most nights, we went for a walk down the Gap some nights to grab a bite and check out some of the hot spots and other nights just to chill and end our day on a positive note. Cafe Sol is right next door to the Yellow Bird and our 'go to' spot for Happy Hour and a sinful delight - Creamsicle Margaritas!! Neil was a fantastic bartender and always found some time to ask us about our day.
Most days, we headed to Dover Beach which is just a five minute walk away. Charles (Charles WaterSports) was always there to greet us and get us set up with some loungers and an umbrella - all that we needed to bask in the sun or grab a nap in the shade throughout the afternoon. He also whipped up some fabulous cocktails to sip while we relaxed on the beach.
Better late than never on this review and guess what - we are returning again in September! We are counting the sleeps to returning to the Yellow BIrd - our home away from home in Paradise! We strongly encourage you to book in at the Yellow Bird and enjoy every moment!!
- Also Known As:
- Baywatch Hotel Yellow Bird
- Yellow Bird Hotel Barbados/St Lawrence Gap
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in St. Lawrence Gap, 7 km from the airport and 10 km from the city of Bridgetown, Yellow Bird Hotel offers a choice of self-catering oceanfront studio apartments or two-bedroom suites, all with FREE WiFi. This boutique hotel boasts a large number of repeat guests who usually book their next stay with us as soon as they return home. Fabulous service, great value, awesome views! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Yellow Bird Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.