What can we say....it's better than the photos.
This was our first time in Barbados, and we had an amazing experience. Jane could not be more helpful about not just our booking, but all the details to make entry to Barbados easy, transfers etc.
We stayed in apartment 4, Sea Glass, and are a family of four. mum,Dad and two teenage boys. Both boys are studying and the idea was this would be a great place to study and have some time in the sun.
The spaciousness of the apartments made this really easy, and with two dressing tables that doubled as desks, two outside tables and chairs there was plenty of room.
The twin room was great for the boys, and the two bathrooms are as big and well appointed as they seem in the photos. add to this the regular maid service, and the provision of plenty of towels including beach towels, and we were all set.
The kitchen has high quality appliances. We were glad of the big fridge freezer and the washing machine, but generally well equipped. The lounge area is comfortable and there are two tv's although we didn't use either.
In the master bedroom, which opens onto the pool area, there is a second fridge: great for having cold drinks on hand.
Air conditioning is effective and fans are often sufficient to keep the rooms cool.
In terms of "the gap", we found it ideal for grabbing drinks, supper etc, but critically, we heard absolutely no noise during the night. we were early to bed most nights, but the only noise we heard was the hypnotic crashing of the waves! The apartment bedrooms are below ground level, and sea side, so probably not surprising but a pleasant surprise.
The pool and pool area was really well stocked wi chairs and loungers and kept immaculately clean. The pool was never crowded and the area was generally quiet and relaxing.
We also thoroughly enjoyed being able to use the large gas BBQ on nights we fancied staying in.
The beach and jetty are brilliant. although the beach area is small, the floor of the beach is flat for some distance, allowing you to walk a long way out to sea. in addition, my husband and sons thoroughly enjoyed body surfing in the waves.
The local beaches, Dover and Hastings are both beautiful and well equipped. For families with smaller children the beach area just 200 yards from the apartments, in the "gap" offers shallow warm water with no current or waves, and generally the tide is low enough to walk round to Hastings beach, where the Carib Beach bar is highly recommended.
Our kids saw turtles in the sea around the beaches, and we all enjoyed the warmth of the water.
Supermarkets are well equipped and within ten minute walk. Gift shops are available in the gap and the local convenience store is quirky and well equipped.
We hired a car for three days, but two would be plenty to tour the Island.
At all times Jane and her team were available to help and to do anything that made our holiday more special. A really incredible place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your idea of an ideal holiday includes quiet relaxation by the pool or on the beach or lively night life, Vacation Rentals in Barbados, our tropical coastal locations can offer it. We provide luxury beach front rentals at the sea’s edge. Specialising in the rental of studios, one, two, three and four bedroom apartments and Penthouses on the beach at reasonable prices, each offering stunning sea views and fully air-conditioned. With a beach front location we have affordable vacation rentals for everyone. Whatever your preference we have a perfect vacation rental to call home during your stay in the paradise island of Barbados. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your St. Lawrence Beach Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Lawrence Beach Condominiums Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- St. Lawrence Beach Condominiums Barbados/St Lawrence Gap