“Could Be Great!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hastings
Cambridge
“Could Be Great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We arrived at the hotel & were shown to our room which was awful. The curtains had holes in them, the bathroom ( which is VERY important to me) was tired is a nice way of saying it. Phoned down to reception & they said they would move us & we got lucky, we got a room on the ground floor straight onto the beach. The room was great, clean, bathroom was lovely. we had a visitor now & then, in England you get spiders in the bath, in Barbados you get crabs!! The food was O.K but the same menu most nights, we think this was because it was out of season & the hotel was quiet. The staff were all lovely, especially the reception staff who went out of their way to help with anything.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea front room, you get a kitchenette which is great. Don't go all inclusive...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Stourbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Fantastic...brilliant...everything you could ever want at a Caribbean hotel...beautiful blue water...fab beaches...the staff were out of this world...had our beakfasts cooked outside each morning on the beach...fantastic hotel..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Jamaica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I sent 2 of my pilots down there to layover to wait on a flight, and the review I got was amazing. In the 21st century, they are asking for $7 or $15 I believe per day for Internet Charges. I have never heard such BULL in my life. Who does that? The website makes the place look pretty but ddammit man, get you acts together Amaryllis. Business travellers need some amenities too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

The amaryllis beach resort was our second choice, the travel agent Ashleigh (going places) was a great help when the first choice hotel went pear shaped. We arrived on time by private transfer to the sounds of reggae music (wicked) the staff at the resort from the moment we walked in was if we were the only people there, our every wimp was granted. The food everyday was exceptional and if there was something that did'nt satisfy, the staff bend over backwards to please. Our room was out of this world very spacious deluxe studio with all you would need for a pleasant stay, a 7ft x 7ft bed ( had to get out of bed and walk around the other side to find my wife, yes !!! the bed was huge ) The location was awesome, to step out of your room onto the beach and be 10metres from the Caribbean Sea speaks for itself. The whole holiday island was so welcoming you have to experience it, Bridgetown is not to be missed as that is truly an experience, for all reggae music lovers you have to go to Barbados, we intend to return in the future. Thank you to all the staff at the Amaryllis beach resort for such a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We traveled to Barbados with 2 other couples for another great vacation. In total we have vacationed at 7 Caribbean islands and this one was by far the friendliest! We upgraded to ocean front hotel rooms - well worth the money. Each room had a private little patio with a table and two lounge chairs then you were literally on the beautiful beach! It was awesome. The rooms did need some upgrading but they were clean, the bed was very comfortable and we always had hot water. The food was limited due to being off season but for the most part, the food was very good. The drinks were also good and plentiful (all inclusive). The staff was very friendly and always smiling. They always made the extra effort to make you feel comfortable. For example - we never had to ask for an extra cup of coffee at breakfast - they just filled our cups until we told them to stop! Great service!! We took several tours that are highly recommended - Mount Gay Rum factory, Adventure land tour of the island (with Erik from the UK) and Harrison Caves. All well worth it! The location of this hotel was perfect. We managed to walk to Bridgetown which was about 1.5 miles away. Bring lots of sunscreen - it was HOT! This hotel lacked night life but it was a great vacation for rest and relaxation.

Room Tip: I would suggest All inclusive because the food and drinks are expensive and upgrade your room to oce...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed here in 2011 for my birthday from Sept 28 to Oct 4. It was a nice hotel and solidly 3 star. Do not expect a premium amenity, four star resort or you will be disappointed. I knew what to expect and chose this place and was very happy with my stay because I talked to my travel agent Steve (Beach Bum Vacations). He helped me choose based on budget and my taste and made sure I was aware of all my options.

I was upgraded to a beachfront room and I was literally a few feet from the beach. Security was very good so I was never worried about being on the ground floor traveling as a single woman.

The staff was very nice and they helped me book excursions. I ate during the excursions so I ended up only eating at the hotel for breakfast twice, one lunch/snack, and a dinner for the whole stay. Really enjoyed the snorkeling and would definitely recommend going for the full day instead of half. The food was good when I ate there, but honestly there is no need to get all-inclusive here. It is super cheap and easy to get around and to find good food in the area, plus it's safe. The bus is $1 USD and you can get a good restaurant meal for $20. Especially if you plan to go on excursions, it might be better to just get a Euro meal plan or none at all. The exception is if you drink a lot. Since I don't, it was no big deal but those drinks can add up.

Beautiful beach and peaceful, but not private so there are some vendors and locals that come around. Security will shoo them away if you don't want to be bothered and I never had an issue. I would return to Barbados in a heartbeat and if I was on a budget, I would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here for a week with husband and friends and had a great time. Our room was 1st floor oceanfront which was just a few steps to the beach and provided a great view. The resort is definitely in need of updating, but we found it to be clean and the staff to be very friendly and helpful! Our room was small, comfortable bed and cleaned well each day. We were all inclusive, but the prices of the meals for those paying as they go seemed high. We received great service from Victor the Asst. Manager, to Maria and Venice and all of the servers and bartenders!!
Check in was a breeze, quick and efficient and we were handed a very refreshing rum punch as we checked in. Food was good, though not much variety-this was the off-season and the resort was very slow, in fact we often felt like we were the only six people staying here! No activities or nightlife, so if you are looking for lots to do, this is not the place for you(although maybe this is because it was not their busy season.
Beach was great, a little rocky but nothing too bad. The waves can get pretty big as well, and we had alot of fun just hanging out in the ocean. Didnt use the pool much but we did use the hottub each night to wind down before dinner(we were always the only six people in it!!). There are vendors that will approach you on the beach and ask you to buy paintings, jewlery, etc., just say no if you are not interested and they will move on-it can get a bit annoying after awhile, but we tried to be firm and polite to get them to move along.
Good breakfast buffet and eggs or omelets cooked to order, lunch was off of a small menu, and dinner was either a buffet or again order off a limited menu. However, there was always something to eat that for the most part was very good.
We went on the Island Safari tour and had Eric as our guide-he was great, very knowledgable about the island and funny and friendly-we had a blast! We also did the Harrison Cave tour which was AMAZING!! and not to be missed.
A great island, with the friendliest people we have encountered(and we have been to several Caribbean Islands), very safe and beautiful surroundings. Not sure if we will go back because we have several other places we want to explore, but Barbados was definitely a great vacation and Amaryllis was a good value for the money.

Room Tip: Oceanfront ground floor...great access to the beach and easy to get around
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Amaryllis Beach Resort? Share your experiences!