We returned from Barbados on 8th June and we are already looking forward to going back again!
I wont go into every little detail about Coconut Court but I will give you an insight which hopefully will help you decide if it's the hotel for you.
Ill start with the things that weren't perfect!
It is a 3 star hotel so dont expect 5 star fixtures and fittings.... You will be disappointed!
The bathrooms are dated, not a problem as everything works just fine. I personally would have prefered a bath with shower head or at least a handheld shower but the fixed one worked and the water was always hot, all that anyone really needs. (I would be dubious about showering a toddler in it though!)
Staff in the Deck Restaurant are actually quite grumpy and some quite rude!
Now for the good bits!
The best thing by a mile about Coconut Court is the beach. It is beautiful, the sea in front of the hotel is calm, warm and crystal clear! There are little caves that have been placed in the water for the fish and they swim right by you which is quite lovely!
The kids seemed to love it which is great as the pool at the hotel looked quite deep.
There were always plenty of chairs while we were there, though this is out of season so not sure what its like at other times of the year.
We also had a free upgrade to a superior beachfront room. The view was fabulous!
The room was simply furnished but very comfortable. We had a wardrobe, cable TV, two twin beds and a table and chairs.
The room had air conditioning so although it was 30 degrees outside with about 80% humidity, it was always perfectly cool.
You also have a microwave, kettle, toaster and a fridge freezer.
The breakfast is toast, rolls, croissants, cereal and sometimes biscuits or cakes (presumably to cater for americans!) and fruit. You dont get fruit juice though, its pineapple or orange squash! Again, If you want fresh juices and a better breakfast selection then you should probably go to a more expensive hotel.
The beach bar is just great! Sean and Antonio are lovely and work like mad to keep customers happy.
We didnt spend any evenings at the hotel, we prefered to go out, either to St Laurence Gap or Oistins.
Overall, Coconut Court is outstanding value for money compared to other hotels in Barbados. We would definately go back and definately recommend it to friends and family.
I have only mentioned a few points that could be considered negative as there really arent that many at all!
Security and maintenance staff are lovely, always smiling and ready to help if you look lost!
Ted (Ted's Tour's) is great! A native barbadian with so much knowledge of the island. Surf spots etc.
The owners of the hotel giftshop are also really nice people. They will help with trips, car hire, directions and anything else that they can.
If you havent been to Barbados before, give the Coconut Court Beach resort a try. Hire a car, see the island and you will have the holiday of a lifetime!
We usually go to big all inclusive resorts but this really would be a waste of time in Barbados! Go to restaurants, see the sights, beaches etc. try some watersports, there are loads to choose from, including jet ski rental.
Barbados is a beautiful place and Coconut Court is the perfect base for your holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, family owned hotel located directly on the beach in the heart of the South Coast. All 112 ocean facing Studios equipped with free WIFI, air conditioning, cable TV and limited kitchenette facilities. Full self catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors. Located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site district within easy walking distance to several historic sites, duty free shops and restaurants. Bridgetown, St. Lawrence Gap and Oistins fishing town are a short bus or taxi ride away. Winner of Trip Advisor certificates of excellence 2011, 2012 and 2013. The Blades family has owned and operated Coconut Court Beach Hotel since 1975 and their passion and commitment to customer service and to hospitality excellence is evident in the welcoming, relaxed atmosphere of the hotel. Coconut Court truly offers Simple Charm and Bajan style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings