Have just got back from the Coconut Court after a 2 week stay. This is a great wee hotel, nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. The staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful ...as for Kevin the pool guy - sings and jokes all the time, but also does a great job at keeping the area spotless. The hotel looks nothing much from the front, so it was a pleasant suprise to see how nice the pool and the beach were at the back. We had a deluxe room with air conditioning but sometimes the ceiling fan was enough. Spoke to the management once and they said that they have plans to improve the hotel especially the food that they offer in the restuarant. The hotel is situated in a good central location on the South coast and there are plenty of buses that stop right outside, do try the vans - they are supposed to hold 14 people but usually pack in at least 20 - good way to get up close and personal with the locals! Overall I preferred the South Coast to the more upmarket West Coast, I thought that the South beaches were wider and better and also that the atmosphere was more relaxed. Rockley beach (at Accra hotel) just along the road was particularly nice.
Overall the holiday was excellent and I definetely will be back - and I have NEVER before returned to the same place twice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award winning family owned hotel is located directly on a lovely white sandy beach in the heart of the South coast. The beach is secluded and quiet with plenty of free beach lounges and shade under the coconut trees. The large protected lagoon is safe for both swimmers and snorkelers of all ages, year round. Coconut Court is the nesting beach to over 300 critically endangered Hawksbill marine turtles each year from July to November. The South Coast boardwalk connects the Coconut Court beach to Rockley beach with Lanterns Mall, shops, bars and restaurants along the way.Coconut Court Beach Hotel is located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site district of the Garrison Historic Area. Within easy walking distance to the Barbados Museum, George Washington House, the National Armoury, the and the famous Garrison Savannah Racetrack. The capital city of Bridgetown with excellent duty free shopping, St. Lawrence Gap, Harbour Lights nightclub and Oistins Bay fishing town with its popular "Friday Night Fish Fry" are a short bus or taxi ride away. Rockley Golf course is also close by the hotel.The hotel offers 112 studios and 5 self-catering apartments. All studios face the ocean and enjoy beautiful sea views from a private balcony or terrace. All guest rooms have free WIFI, air conditioning, ceiling fan, electronic safe, cable TV, telephone, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, hairdryer, and iron and board. The Island View Apartments are located off site in the Annex (directly across the street from main hotel entrance) and are fully self-catering with separate kitchen, lounge area, private balcony, bedroom(s) with ensuite bathroom(s). Please note that the Island View Apartment bedroom(s) are air conditioned only. Hotel facilities include 2 full service restaurant and bars with live entertainment and Manager's Cocktail Party weekly and daily happy hours, a lively beach bar serving lunches and cocktails right on the beach, a fresh water swimming pool, a whirlpool, a kiddies paddling pool, activities desk, gift shop, currency exchange, 24 hour security and front desk service, taxi and island tour services. Coconut Court is a Travelife GOLD award winner for their continued efforts to protect and preserve the environment. The hotel was also honoured with the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2011, 2012 and 2013 for achieving consistently outstanding traveller reviews. The Blades family has owned and operated Coconut Court Beach Hotel since 1975 and their passion and commitment to customer service and to hospitality excellence is evident in the welcoming, relaxed atmosphere of the hotel. Coconut Court truly offers Simple Charm and Bajan style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Expedia, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings