“Clean room, friendly and helpful staff, wonderful beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Coconut Court Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Garrison Historic Area, Hastings BB15156, Barbados   |
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Hastings
Painesville, Ohio
“Clean room, friendly and helpful staff, wonderful beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were first-timers at the Coconut Court and in Barbados. We cannot wait to go back! Originally, we booked the Island View Apartment, which even though it was across the street was very clean and spacious with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths (more than we expected). It also had a nice balcony. We stayed 4 comfortable nights there, and upgraded to an ocean view studio for the remaining 4 nights. It was so relaxing to just listen to the waves and see that beautiful water. Other reviews are not kidding when they talk about the difference staying in a family run hotel. You really DID feel like you were part of the family. In fact, I was able to see my first granddaughter moments after she was born thanks to the wonderful lobby staff making sure that I was situated where I could get the best WiFi signal. It truly meant a great deal to me. They also asked about my new little princess everyday for the rest of our stay! Everyone we encountered here was just so gracious. Loved being able to participate in the release of the Hawksbill hatchlings. Thank you, Linda, for inviting your guests to be part of history! We had 3 of the Buffet Dinners and loved every one! The dining staff was great also! Don't forget to bring your snorkel gear, but they do sell it there, too. The ladies attending the gift shop are very helpful also. We spent several hours snorkeling the reef off the beach of the hotel and saw so many different fish!
Thanks, Ted, for the great tour, and to your beautiful wife for setting up our other tours as well!
We highly recommend the Coconut Court Beach Hotel and can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Island View rooms in Annex have a full kitchen-they are nice-but no ocean view.

1,243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Lovely hotel in good location. Clean and tidy rooms. Staff really friendly and service exceptional all around the hotel. Really pleased we chose to stay at Coconut Court. The hotel has a really relaxed atmosphere. Definitely work upgrading to a sea view room. Think the hotel spans over two sides of the road so being sea view side is a must in my opinion.

Overall, fantastic stay!

Stayed May 2014
Tiverton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We normally go to this hotel in December each year but my daughter and I wanted to go and see Top Gear Festival in May so we have sneaked in an additional holiday (any excuse) and as expected the weather is just the same regardless of what time of year you go (may just be a few more showers around at some times of the year). It is really nice when you arrive here as everyone remembers you (our 6th visit) and its like catching up with your old friends. The beach and the sea were where we left them from December so that's not a problem and all the facilities are as good as ever. I really would recommend this hotel as you can see from my previous reviews but rest assured I don't suffer bad service or lack of cleanliness at any hotel as its our hard earned cash that we are spending so we should expect something in return and as I have been coming here for some time now I can say that all of the above still maintains a good standard. I am now waiting for them to release the 2015 Top Gear dates so I can get on with my booking.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Preston, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We arrived back yesterday after an amazing stay at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel. Please believe all of the positive things you read on Trip Advisor and just book it, I promise you will not be disappointed. We booked this hotel based on the reviews on here and so glad we did. As many state this hotel is spotlessly clean. Housekeeping did a fantastic job of cleaning our room each day which smelt delightful when returning from a day at the beach. I moved the settee at the end of our visit to check nothing had gone underneath and again it was spotless and obviously moved and cleaned each day. I know this is what should be expected but sadly in a lot of hotels it is not.

Yes the staff are extremely friendly not only the wonderful Antonio (and Allan who did a great job standing in for Antonio whilst he was off sick) but also the security guards, cleaners, shop assistant, everybody really :) One evening we were on our way out of the hotel going to Tapa's and the security guard stopped us to tell us some turtles were being released and did we want to go to the beach with him. Of course we did and it was an amazing experience. So not only are they keeping you safe but enhancing your experience too, thank you :D The family/owners are also very visible around the hotel and will always smile, say hello and if possible stop for a chat. We loved this personal approach which certainly helps give the hotel that friendly, family feel. Something you cannot experience at chain hotels.

The location couldn't be better for us as it's on the main road with bus stops right outside the hotel. This meant we could access anywhere we wanted to go quickly and cheaply ($2 a ride). Yes you can hear the ZR's playing their tune in a morning but just turn over with the knowledge that you don't have to get up for work and the most exerting thing to do is make your way to the beach ;) To be honest I heard them the first morning but after that I didn't seem to hear them, probably as I got used to it but really it is no big deal at all. Some people also complain about the stairs. We did not find these a problem at all as they are not too steep and not as many as I expected. Of course, if you have mobility problems then you should consider booking somewhere else but if you can manage the stairs at home then these will not be a problem, besides a little bit of exercise helps burn off a few of them frozen cocktail calories ;)

So in summary this hotel is fantastic, believe all the positive things you read and you will get exactly what you expected. We cannot wait to return and will be booking for another visit as soon as the finances and time off work will allow ;)

Thank you CCBH we had an amazing time and will see you soon :)

Room Tip: We paid extra for one of the Superior Ocean Front rooms and it was amazing. We would definitely book...
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed about 9 weeks ago on our honeymoon and would thoroughly recommend this hotel - to the extent that we plan to go again next year! For this I should like to thank all of the staff for a great friendly service (and the bottle of bubbly!). Also I have to say that the hotel is immaculately clean - my wife would not have it otherwise! The beds are enormous and very comfortable and the rooms are spacious. As to the kitchen facilities, we didn’t really use them much but they are perfectly adequate for snacks or small meals like lunch.

I have read other people’s comments about the noise from the road but I have to say that it didn’t bother me at all and I am a very light sleeper. The food in the restaurant was lovely although we only ate there about three or four nights. I can thoroughly recommend the burgers and the flying fish fingers at the beach bar, a perfect accompaniment for the happy hour drinks bell at 12 O’Clock at the beach bar with Antonio the (the flying bottle opener) barman and his great team Lamar and Oce. The beach is wonderful and clean with Hadi the security guard seeing to it that guests are not bothered by anyone trying to sell things.

The hotel is in a good location within easy walking distance of plenty of good restaurants including Fred’s Bar and Grill, 39 Steps, Shakers and Tapas all of which are in 10-15 minutes walking distance. There is also a cash machine at a bank within 10 minutes walk.

Special thanks to Mark and Jason Blades, two of the Hotel’s owners, who looked after me personally when I was taken ill at the beach and for driving me personally to the hospital; and no it wasn’t through any fault of the hotel, just my angina spray causing me to pass out!

Thanks again to all of the lovely staff including but not exclusively, Mark, Gerald, Kisha, Geredine, Margarette, Augustin, John, Donna, Germaine, Mark, Jason, Linda and Hadfield (sorry if I missed anyone) hope to see you all next year. Antonioni - get that bell ready please!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have visited The Coconut Beach twice now, in January 2013 and January 2014. We greatly enjoyed both visits, the location is great and the beach with the safe bathing is fantastic. On our second visit we had a recently refurbished superior room with an excellent view of the sea and beach. However, we felt that there were problems with the shower area which needs sorting in that the water escaped the tray and flooded the bath mat and a good bit of the floor each day. Also the towels had holes in them and needed replacing. - Not really good enough for a superior room. The breakfasts also need upgrading with more variety each day. Overall we felt that the standard had slipped very slightly this year, but still a wonderful place and there are loads of restaurants nearby. The staff are excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When the floor cleaner at this hotel turns around & asks how your day was while working, and when you say “it was great, we really enjoyed the beach”, and he answers “I prayed the Lord no wind, no rain for our guests” you know you’re really close to heaven! This was one of the examples one can come across when staying at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel!

They scrub the tiled walkways, the stairs, the rooms, and the balconies at this hotel… really every single day. It smells clean, it feels clean even with the sand all around!

I love this hotel … can you tell? The driver who picked us up from the airport asked us if it was our first time… then he became our tour guide until we got to the hotel. After he dropped us off we already knew where to go for our little shopping ☺ The welcome at the front desk was like we were the VIPs and the only VIPs at the hotel… the smile & the patience to all of our questions were appreciated (@Janelle – thank you so much)!

The food … the food … the food … we ate at the hotel buffet 3 times. We were prepared for the curry night before we even arrived, but we also joined the bbq buffet at Manager’s party on Monday night (yummmi rum punch), then the curry night and the Bajan night. All the dinners, the setting of the restaurant and the ladies who served were unbeatable.

The other nights we ate at the fantastic Oisten Fish Market (separate review will go to Chillin & Grillin guys Richard and Rob).

And, short but to the point report about the beach at this hotel: “Heaven on earth”. Take your snorkel gear with you, and you will have a lot of fun until you hear the bell ring at 5pm … Then Antonio’s 2 for 1 rum punch show starts ☺ side note-I think Antonio has a grasshopper in him :D Watch him running the orders to the customers on the sand (I barely can walk straight ... but him …)

Overall, what an island, what a hotel … and the people of this island … Thank you all for our fantastic 1 week vacation. We’ll be back soon.

Room Tip: Ocean view room is the way go ...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Coconut Court Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!