Just back from 2 weeks - 1st time at hotel. Initial disappointment of being in a non refurbished sea view room whose view was more of adjacent building and corrugated roofs rather than a sea view expanse. Paid Thomson's for upgrade too!. Granted the room was large and airy with good air con.
Hotel ceratinly has a family owned feel about it and is reasonably priced. The staff were friendly and courteous. None more so than Antonio who runs (often literally) the beach bar. Great efficiency and name recall too. Oce and Lamar were particularly pleasant and helpful. Seek out Vaida at the activities desk, knows the island backwards and is obliging. Deborah's cheery smile at breakfast was often a pleasant start to the day
The small man made reef on the beach has matured and is great for snorkelling, made even better by feeding the fish with a slice of breakfast bread! No shortage of loungers albeit some guests insist on plonking towels on them and then promptly not returning for hrs.
Boardwalk to Rockley starts 200m forn the south of the hotel. 2 good atmospheric restaurants along the way - Tapas and Naru. Good food but not the cheapest if price is an issue for you.
Mama Mia's across the road does excellent pasta and really nice thin pizzas. Blue Room across the road is part of the hotel and is handy for a happy hr. at 6. altho' rather spoilt bythe 2 barmen who are somewhat surly. Perhaps a day spent with Antonio would improve their demeanour and make them appreciate the importance of customer service. Our eating highlight on this trip was an Indian/Thai restaurant at the Gap - Apsara Samudra. If you're from UK don't be put off the concept of having an Indian meal when on your hol. in Caribbean!. The view and layout inside are spectacular and the food and service were likewise. The manageress has a real passion for her restaurant.I predict that this will soon top Tripadvisor reviews. For the avoidance of doubt from some other reviews both TGI Fridays and PIsces(at the Gap) are closed.
Transport along the main coastal road is best sourced by way of either the buses or the amazing reggae taxis - both are only $2 which is 66p! Rough and ready but helpful and will stop pretty well anywhere, Be prepared for some being cramped and you having to play musical chairs when others get on/off. We saw no need to use the mainstream taxis which are much more expensive
Catamaran trip was brilliant. Fed turtles and moored off Sandy lane for lunch. Bolador was the provider and Vaida will arrange for you. Small nos,. in our case only 8, meant that big Jeff and Chad provided an almost personal service. Much better than the huge ones such as TIami. If have own transport a trip to St Nicholas Abbey (more a stately home rather than the name suggests) is an eyeopener on a previous way of life.
Overall thoroughly enjoyable fortnight. If you want a friendly, well situated hotel that provides good avalue for money, this will suit you perfectly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award winning family owned hotel is located directly on a lovely white sandy beach in the heart of the South coast. The beach is secluded and quiet with plenty of free beach lounges and shade under the coconut trees. The large protected lagoon is safe for both swimmers and snorkelers of all ages, year round. Coconut Court is the nesting beach to over 300 critically endangered Hawksbill marine turtles each year from July to November. The South Coast boardwalk connects the Coconut Court beach to Rockley beach with Lanterns Mall, shops, bars and restaurants along the way.Coconut Court Beach Hotel is located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site district of the Garrison Historic Area. Within easy walking distance to the Barbados Museum, George Washington House, the National Armoury, the and the famous Garrison Savannah Racetrack. The capital city of Bridgetown with excellent duty free shopping, St. Lawrence Gap, Harbour Lights nightclub and Oistins Bay fishing town with its popular "Friday Night Fish Fry" are a short bus or taxi ride away. Rockley Golf course is also close by the hotel.The hotel offers 112 studios and 5 self-catering apartments. All studios face the ocean and enjoy beautiful sea views from a private balcony or terrace. All guest rooms have free WIFI, air conditioning, ceiling fan, electronic safe, cable TV, telephone, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, hairdryer, and iron and board. The Island View Apartments are located off site in the Annex (directly across the street from main hotel entrance) and are fully self-catering with separate kitchen, lounge area, private balcony, bedroom(s) with ensuite bathroom(s). Please note that the Island View Apartment bedroom(s) are air conditioned only. Hotel facilities include 2 full service restaurant and bars with live entertainment and Manager's Cocktail Party weekly and daily happy hours, a lively beach bar serving lunches and cocktails right on the beach, a fresh water swimming pool, a whirlpool, a kiddies paddling pool, activities desk, gift shop, currency exchange, 24 hour security and front desk service, taxi and island tour services. Coconut Court is a Travelife GOLD award winner for their continued efforts to protect and preserve the environment. The hotel was also honoured with the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2011, 2012 and 2013 for achieving consistently outstanding traveller reviews. The Blades family has owned and operated Coconut Court Beach Hotel since 1975 and their passion and commitment to customer service and to hospitality excellence is evident in the welcoming, relaxed atmosphere of the hotel. Coconut Court truly offers Simple Charm and Bajan style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Expedia, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings