I am currently a guest here, as part of a large group of university faculty from the US. This hotel is not the fanciest place, but it's benefits far outweigh the cons. We arrived a checked in quite late, which I suspect was a hassle for the two ladies checking us in. They were very pleasant and tried hard to make the process go as smoothly as possible. Sure, some things went wrong, but the staff try very hard to rectify matters immediately.
I find it interesting that the complaints are about the "dated" facilities/decor, AND about the construction noise commensurate with efforts to address the decor. Folks want an updated hotel, but don't want the work to occur during your stay. Well, then when shall the proprietors allow the construction to occur?
I can tell who hasn't lived along the seaside. . . Those who complain about rust. Here's a news flash: salt water is corrosive, and it occurs quickly. So unless you are paying US $300+ per night, your expectations are unreasonable. I suggest that one cease looking at the lamp fixture and refocus on the prettier light . . .the sunrise!
Waves too choppy? Well ya should have done your homework and booked on the WEST side of the island. CCBH cannot control Mother Nature.
So far, I am finding this lovely hotel to be a wonderful place. The sights and sounds remind me of the beaches of Southern Cal . . . But the water here much more beautiful. The staff have been friendly and quick to respond to my needs, and I'm getting work done because of it all. I will come back some day with my husband and children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, family owned hotel located directly on the beach in the heart of the South Coast. All 112 ocean facing Studios equipped with free WIFI, air conditioning, cable TV and limited kitchenette facilities. Full self catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors. Located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site district within easy walking distance to several historic sites, duty free shops and restaurants. Bridgetown, St. Lawrence Gap and Oistins fishing town are a short bus or taxi ride away. Winner of Trip Advisor certificates of excellence 2011, 2012 and 2013. The Blades family has owned and operated Coconut Court Beach Hotel since 1975 and their passion and commitment to customer service and to hospitality excellence is evident in the welcoming, relaxed atmosphere of the hotel. Coconut Court truly offers Simple Charm and Bajan style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Regatta Hotels, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings