I am currently a guest here, as part of a large group of university faculty from the US. This hotel is not the fanciest place, but it's benefits far outweigh the cons. We arrived a checked in quite late, which I suspect was a hassle for the two ladies checking us in. They were very pleasant and tried hard to make the process go as smoothly as possible. Sure, some things went wrong, but the staff try very hard to rectify matters immediately.
I find it interesting that the complaints are about the "dated" facilities/decor, AND about the construction noise commensurate with efforts to address the decor. Folks want an updated hotel, but don't want the work to occur during your stay. Well, then when shall the proprietors allow the construction to occur?
I can tell who hasn't lived along the seaside. . . Those who complain about rust. Here's a news flash: salt water is corrosive, and it occurs quickly. So unless you are paying US $300+ per night, your expectations are unreasonable. I suggest that one cease looking at the lamp fixture and refocus on the prettier light . . .the sunrise!
Waves too choppy? Well ya should have done your homework and booked on the WEST side of the island. CCBH cannot control Mother Nature.
So far, I am finding this lovely hotel to be a wonderful place. The sights and sounds remind me of the beaches of Southern Cal . . . But the water here much more beautiful. The staff have been friendly and quick to respond to my needs, and I'm getting work done because of it all. I will come back some day with my husband and children.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award winning family owned hotel is located directly on a lovely white sandy beach in the heart of the South coast. The beach is secluded and quiet with plenty of free beach lounges and shade under the coconut trees. The large protected lagoon is safe for both swimmers and snorkelers of all ages, year round. Coconut Court is the nesting beach to over 300 critically endangered Hawksbill marine turtles each year from July to November. The South Coast boardwalk connects the Coconut Court beach to Rockley beach with Lanterns Mall, shops, bars and restaurants along the way.Coconut Court Beach Hotel is located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site district of the Garrison Historic Area. Within easy walking distance to the Barbados Museum, George Washington House, the National Armoury, the and the famous Garrison Savannah Racetrack. The capital city of Bridgetown with excellent duty free shopping, St. Lawrence Gap, Harbour Lights nightclub and Oistins Bay fishing town with its popular "Friday Night Fish Fry" are a short bus or taxi ride away. Rockley Golf course is also close by the hotel.The hotel offers 112 studios and 5 self-catering apartments. All studios face the ocean and enjoy beautiful sea views from a private balcony or terrace. All guest rooms have free WIFI, air conditioning, ceiling fan, electronic safe, cable TV, telephone, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, hairdryer, and iron and board. The Island View Apartments are located off site in the Annex (directly across the street from main hotel entrance) and are fully self-catering with separate kitchen, lounge area, private balcony, bedroom(s) with ensuite bathroom(s). Please note that the Island View Apartment bedroom(s) are air conditioned only. Hotel facilities include 2 full service restaurant and bars with live entertainment and Manager's Cocktail Party weekly and daily happy hours, a lively beach bar serving lunches and cocktails right on the beach, a fresh water swimming pool, a whirlpool, a kiddies paddling pool, activities desk, gift shop, currency exchange, 24 hour security and front desk service, taxi and island tour services. Coconut Court is a Travelife GOLD award winner for their continued efforts to protect and preserve the environment. The hotel was also honoured with the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2011, 2012 and 2013 for achieving consistently outstanding traveller reviews. The Blades family has owned and operated Coconut Court Beach Hotel since 1975 and their passion and commitment to customer service and to hospitality excellence is evident in the welcoming, relaxed atmosphere of the hotel. Coconut Court truly offers Simple Charm and Bajan style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.