Our first time at Coconut Court, but our eighth in Barbados. The hotel is 3-star so not ultra-luxurious, but rooms are large and perfectly adequate, with aircon, kitchenette and TV. We worried a little beforehand about the noise from the road, but it didn't keep us awake once. All rooms have balconies facing the ocean.
The most impressive thing about the place is its position - beautiful white sand beach (in our view just about the best in Barbados) and safe bathing, as there is a reef not far out. This means that it is good for children and non-swimmers, who are able to paddle out towards the reef and see the fabulous fish. The beach has lots of palm trees too, if you need shade.
The staff here are very friendly and the security on the beach is good - stopping you being pestered by people selling stuff, which happens a lot on other beaches.
There are plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby - Mama Mia opposite, an Italian cafe with beautiful food, the Coffee Bean cafe for great coffee and wifi. A short walk will get you to a very smart little mall, with Italian, Syrian and Chinese restaurants, and a Subway and a great Haagen Dazs cafe.
Very near is Bridgetown and in the other direction, Oistins, both easily reachable very cheaply by bus, We hired a small car for the two weeks, which you can get a really good deal on, if you do the research,
We found wifi didn't work anywhere in the hotel, but there are two hotdesks in reception - ideal for social media junkies like myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, family owned hotel located directly on the beach in the heart of the South Coast. All 112 ocean facing Studios equipped with free WIFI, air conditioning, cable TV and limited kitchenette facilities. Full self catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors. Located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site district within easy walking distance to several historic sites, duty free shops and restaurants. Bridgetown, St. Lawrence Gap and Oistins fishing town are a short bus or taxi ride away. Winner of Trip Advisor certificates of excellence 2011, 2012 and 2013. The Blades family has owned and operated Coconut Court Beach Hotel since 1975 and their passion and commitment to customer service and to hospitality excellence is evident in the welcoming, relaxed atmosphere of the hotel. Coconut Court truly offers Simple Charm and Bajan style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings