We booked this trip on 13th October and arrived in Barbados on the 17th, so it was very last minute. On arrival at the hotel we were exhausted, my first impressions weren't amazing but probably just due to being hot and tired. Initially the staff were quite friendly but they were very busy. We were taken to our room, at which point I became extremely anxious about where we were staying. We walked down a dark dingy corridor, down lots of stairs to our room..... It was a shame they had not taken us round past the pool to our room, as it was far more attractive and gave me a negative initial impression to our room.......... However in the end it turned out the room was GREAT for our family. Yes it did need an update, especially the bathroom, but it was cleaned everyday by room service. It was great to have a kettle and a microwave as we prepared our own lunch most days.
The beach was great for the children (and beautlful) as there were only gentle waves and we could watch them from the sunloungers. The beach was kept clean and there were always plenty of sunloungers.
The pool area is ok although one of my most negative points with the hotel was the strength of the chemicals they must use in the pool, I went to Barbados with a cough and this really really aggravated it and made me wheezy.
Unfortunately the thing that I felt was the worst was the breakfast. It was awful, but we ate it everyday because it was the only meal included in the price.
The staff were friendly most of the time and the family who owned it were great and very down to earth. The staff at reception were great and helped me out when my daughter need medication at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon, they calmed me and reassured me.
We went on Ted tours which was great to give you an insight into the island, but I would not necessarily recommend it with young children. It would be fab if it was only half a day. Saying this my children were fine just got a little fed up after lunch. Ted was lots of fun and informative.
There were lots of great little places to eat, although became careful with food for the children as a lot of food is spiced up. Our favourite place to eat was the 'Tapas'on the boardwalk and on our first visit we walked along the beach and were even lucky enough to see and hold baby sea turtles who had been stranded on the wrong side of the board walk. The food was great and they catered for the children perfectly.
We used the local minibuses lots.... The kids loved them and rated them on speed and noise!
THIS WAS A GREAT LAST MINUTE HOLIDAY ON A BUDGET and we always say we don't like to go back to the same place twice as there are so many places in the world we would like to go to..... But BARBADOS is an exception!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning, family owned hotel located directly on the beach in the heart of the South Coast. All 112 ocean facing Studios equipped with free WIFI, air conditioning, cable TV and limited kitchenette facilities. Full self catering apartments also available for families and long stay visitors. Located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site district within easy walking distance to several historic sites, duty free shops and restaurants. Bridgetown, St. Lawrence Gap and Oistins fishing town are a short bus or taxi ride away. Winner of Trip Advisor certificates of excellence 2011, 2012 and 2013. The Blades family has owned and operated Coconut Court Beach Hotel since 1975 and their passion and commitment to customer service and to hospitality excellence is evident in the welcoming, relaxed atmosphere of the hotel. Coconut Court truly offers Simple Charm and Bajan style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Regatta Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings