Can I start saying this is NOT a luxury resort, thankfully! This is a modest hotel offering an extraordinarily laid back comfort level thyat is very appealing. It has the best beach on the island having a good length and depth of Caribbean Sea frontage, safe waters to swim in, a small man made reef for beginner snorkeling, shade, plenty of it due to long established palm trees.
A huge asset is a small but very friendly beach bar where Antonio runs his butt off being sure everyone is satisfied, all with a charming smile and upbeat attitude. (the noon and 5pm happy hours are great too!) Just a few steps above is a cristal clear swimming pool and a tub for about eight. Live music fills the air three times a week.
The restaurant has been taken over by some new people. ( As a top Reviewer in travel I write for epinions and posted a review after our first stay saying it was a weak spot.) No More!! They are doing a great job.We dined there a couple of times and because a continental breakfast comes with the price of the hotel, we made a stop there every morning.
Excellent for us is an amazing casual Italian restaurant just across the street. The food is excellent! The location of Coconut Court Beach Hotel happens to be perfect. It's just a walk to the Garrison, a historic fort area.with the Barbados Museum and the George Washington House on the same grounds. A race track is less than a half a mile away. Cool about it, just walk up to the rail and watch the races. I enjoyed watching them exerecise the horses in the cool mornings in season.
The hotel is about a mile and a half outside Bridgetown and the shopping etc and only a twenty minute ride from the airport. Transpotation from the hotle to other parts of the island is easy. We rented a car but tour services and more are avaialable. The causal concierge service was terrific. The gal behind the counter negotiated prices advertised for the Jolly Roger I for better priced because we did not need transport.(don't miss it swim with the tutrles and have a blast of a time)
The rooms are of good size with a hard yet very comfy matresses. A small deck offered outstanding views and a place to sit and enjoy the surrounding. The showers are small. The daily service was good. One day my wife asked for something and it was promptly taken care of. My wife thanked the woman who responded, "We are here to be sure you are Happy.". What a great attitude!
I could go on and on because we love the place. Sometimes I am a little apprehensive about suggesting a place to friends, "just in case." Well I didn't here. On our second stay we brought four friends and they liked the place too! We are making plans again for next year. Sure, you can find something here and there that might be a little rough around the edges but there's nothing to turn us off. It's clean, safe, friendly, comfortable, well located and has the best beach in Barbados.
I write this with continued enthusiasm for the place and we are planning next year already. More friends will join us. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award winning family owned hotel is located directly on a lovely white sandy beach in the heart of the South coast. The beach is secluded and quiet with plenty of free beach lounges and shade under the coconut trees. The large protected lagoon is safe for both swimmers and snorkelers of all ages, year round. Coconut Court is the nesting beach to over 300 critically endangered Hawksbill marine turtles each year from July to November. The South Coast boardwalk connects the Coconut Court beach to Rockley beach with Lanterns Mall, shops, bars and restaurants along the way.Coconut Court Beach Hotel is located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site district of the Garrison Historic Area. Within easy walking distance to the Barbados Museum, George Washington House, the National Armoury, the and the famous Garrison Savannah Racetrack. The capital city of Bridgetown with excellent duty free shopping, St. Lawrence Gap, Harbour Lights nightclub and Oistins Bay fishing town with its popular "Friday Night Fish Fry" are a short bus or taxi ride away. Rockley Golf course is also close by the hotel.The hotel offers 112 studios and 5 self-catering apartments. All studios face the ocean and enjoy beautiful sea views from a private balcony or terrace. All guest rooms have free WIFI, air conditioning, ceiling fan, electronic safe, cable TV, telephone, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, hairdryer, and iron and board. The Island View Apartments are located off site in the Annex (directly across the street from main hotel entrance) and are fully self-catering with separate kitchen, lounge area, private balcony, bedroom(s) with ensuite bathroom(s). Please note that the Island View Apartment bedroom(s) are air conditioned only. Hotel facilities include 2 full service restaurant and bars with live entertainment and Manager's Cocktail Party weekly and daily happy hours, a lively beach bar serving lunches and cocktails right on the beach, a fresh water swimming pool, a whirlpool, a kiddies paddling pool, activities desk, gift shop, currency exchange, 24 hour security and front desk service, taxi and island tour services. Coconut Court is a Travelife GOLD award winner for their continued efforts to protect and preserve the environment. The hotel was also honoured with the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence in 2011, 2012 and 2013 for achieving consistently outstanding traveller reviews. The Blades family has owned and operated Coconut Court Beach Hotel since 1975 and their passion and commitment to customer service and to hospitality excellence is evident in the welcoming, relaxed atmosphere of the hotel. Coconut Court truly offers Simple Charm and Bajan style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Expedia, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Coconut Court Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Court Beach Hastings
- Coconut Court Beach Hotel Barbados/Hastings