The hotel has an interesting layout on a south-facing slope leading directly to the Caribbean Sea. It has a kids pool and one with a fascinating design crossed by bridges. Lovely sandy beach though coral rocks prevent sea swimming close by.Our room had a south-east facing balcony taking in the sun until early afternoon. We had a number of rain-showers this being November, but the balcony allowed us to sit out to read. Our walk to the restaurant was sheltered and we found the gym was adequate. All our meals were buffet-style and very varied. The whole area is clean and the staff showed us a lot of interest. The hotel is very well air-conditioned throughout and provides free WiFi and a free PC in the reception.
The hotel is close to Bridgetown and the "reggae-reggae bus" an entertaining way to get there at the same cost as the less regular service buses. Round-the-island trips can easily be done in a day but there are sadly only a few tourist attractions. Trips such as the Jolly Roger and the catamaran that take to the water provide greater pleasure.
You must visit Oistins for an excellent fish meal in a great atmosphere. Fridays is extremely busy so other days if you prefer a more peaceful trip. St Lawrence Gap is your Saturday entertainment with a good choice of clubs. These are easily accessed from Savannah, by bus going out and a taxi back for less than £10.
Mosquito cream saves you getting bitten though malaria is not a risk. We heard a number of reports first hand that their bites cause a severe flu-like illness bringing severe pain and stiffness to adults and children so use the protection!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings