I have read a lot of reviews on TA about this hotel which we noted before we went, therefore this is my opinion on what we experienced:
The food was the best we have ever had on an All Inclusive holiday. There were plenty of choices from fresh fish, meat, vegetarian and fast foods. The wine was very drinkable for AI and there was a good selection of Cocktails and beers etc. Eggs were cooked to order at breakfast (including poached and boiled which were always perfect) I can only wonder what the people who reviewed the food as limited and repetitive are used to? I never made the same choice twice. The birds are a problem so we went to get breakfast separately because they didn't come near the table if someone was sitting there. (Surely, the hotel could fit mesh blinds which could be pulled down so the view isn't obscured but the birds are kept out during mealtimes) It did put me off a bit when I saw them walking over cutlery and tablecloths etc. I even watched them pecking cake off the serving slice in Drifters so made sure I always used a clean knife after that)
The accommodation was adequate. The beds were very comfortable with nice pillows and sheets. The aircon was brilliant. The bathroom let the place down as it is shabby. I realise there is a renovation programme going on at the hotel so I'm not complaining that the bathroom was outdated - the bath, basin and loo were clean but the tiling was grubby and needed regrouting. The sealant round the bath was grotty and the floor was only clean in the middle. The edges and corners needed to be given a thorough clean. The chair in our bedroom was stained - yet it would only take a few minutes with upholstery cleaner to bring it up to scratch so I don't think there is any excuse for it not being done. Other guests commented on very similar things and I also read similar comments on TA before we went so you would think the hotel would do something about it.
The hotel offered a shuttle bus to a nearby beach with tokens for free drinks. The beach was really within walking distance but due to the heat it made sense to get the minibus. Evening entertainment was very good but finished a bit too early (10pm) but due to the close proximity of the bedrooms to Drifter's bar it probably suited some people who like early nights. The bar is on the edge of the beach though so it was lovely to sit out at night relaxing hearing the sea lap the shore just a few yards away. The hotel has a decent pool and a lazy river which went directly past our room. It was literally 2 steps off our patio into the water which was great for us but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with young children.
The floors became dangerously slippy after a shower of rain but I don't see what they can do to overcome this. There are a lot of split levels and steps but there is also a lift for anyone with mobility problems.
Overall, the staff were very helpful and accommodating. I think this hotel could be improved even further by paying a little more attention to detail and I hope they do as it would then be worthy of 4* plus
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings