First off I would just like to say there is nothing wrong with the hotel but previously stayed at 5 star resorts and as the adage goes . You get what you pay for....
The food was ok, usual all inclusive fare but Service was quite patchy at times. One night we got asked by three different staff if we wanted drinks then the first waitress forgot to bring them over.
It was also a bit hit and miss if you recieved tea or coffee in the morning depending on the time you got to breakfast. I got the impression that certain male staff favoured the ladies and didn't want to put the effort in for us gents and would avoid eye contact and make out they was busy untill the next female came along.
Room ok overlooked the beach but was noisy untill 1am.Your probably better of with a pool view room.
Hardly any sunbeds around the small pool and packed close together but beaches either side of the hotel are nice and suitable for swimming.
Lots of steps at the hotel and the slippery tiles are a nightmare when it rains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, HotelsClick, Regatta Hotels and Despegar.com so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings