Just spent a week here, hotel well situated, very clean, good rooms, good beach with plenty of sunbeds and shade if required. because the beach is on a reef you can't really swim unless you have shoes on to get across the rocks and you do have to go a good way out to get any depth. Swimming pool more of an attractive/cooling down spot than a swimming pool although there is a slightly larger square one but used by the children.
Plantation rooms are nice but would avoid as the hotel front is on a main road so could be noisy, the seaview rooms are hampered by palm and seagrape trees so not really worth the extra money plus they are next to the beach bar/restaurant where the entertainment is so could be noisy upto about 11pm. Entertainment was very good. Gym is small but quite well equipped and no one in it usually, no spa there now.
Management really do need to sort out staff training particularly in the restaurants, having to ask staff for cutlery 4 times from 4 different people daily not really acceptable, food could also be repetitive only so much bbq food you can eat at lunchtime and much the same in the evening. Didn't get a chance to eat al a carte as we booked it twice and got a buffett both evenings with no warning having booked as required. Also lack of atmosphere in Rachels, bright lights almost canteen like especially as you were serving yourself. We did quietly bring this to management attention and were given champagne as it was a special birthday celebration so they did act on it but hope that they spend more time ensuring enough staff on duty and better training.
Overall clean, good location and comfy beds, pillows not so good.
Race course directly across from hotel, a good afternoon out.
Probably wouldn't return although want you to remember what we are looking for may not be what you require.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Regatta Hotels, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings