Having read the amazing reviews when booking this hotel our expectations were quite high.
The Island its self did not disappoint, it was everything the reviews said and more.
The hotel it self however was a little disappointing.
The staff are really helpful & are happy to help. We went with Virgin & the rep Donna couldn't do enough for you.
THE ROOMS are dark with no main lights only lamps, the beds are massive & really comfortable. There is air-con in the room as well as a ceiling fan it the air con gets too loud. They are happy to spray you room with insect repellent daily if required you just need to ask at reception.
The pool access rooms are really handy but they do not provide you with keys to the balcony door. So if you decide to use the stairs to access the pool your balcony doors stays unlocked. Although there were no problems with this, we were not comfortable with this so didn't used this option. The bathrooms are in need of updating and although house keeping did a great job, they still looked grubby.
THE FOOD was ok,the buffets a bit samey & not a lot of choice. Rachel's was very nice. We were disappointed that although there are 3 choices of restaurants in the hotel only Rachel's was open on a Sunday which meant you either had a Sunday carvery of go outside the hotel. There was very little Bajan food served, which again was disappointing.
THE BEACH was clean & there is a guy that will put the sun loungers where you want them & put up your parasol as well. It is very rocky under the water though, so not a good beach for swimming. Not much to see if you want to snorkel either.
THE POOL is a loop around a courtyard which was great for a swim but not very deep (great for kids though). There is a smaller pool, again not very deep & a little warmer as the sun shines on it all day. However the coolness of the main pool is very welcoming at times. We were disappointed that it didn't open before 8am as it would have been nice to have a swim before breakfast.
THE HOTEL in general is really nice & clean. There are lots of stairs to negotiate but there is also a lift it needs be. The were a few issues with the ladies toilets by drifters as they are not clean regularly & can get smelly & dirty. On one occasion I went to use the toilet twice in the space of 3 hours and one toilet was out of order & the other was overflowing, so I walked back to the room instead. I did report this to a member of staff but it didn't seem a priority.
OVERAL, would we go back to Barbados - yes defiantly, the island was beautiful and the people very welcoming & friendly. The Savannah was lovely and location was great, but we would try a different hotel next time. We do feel that the previous "amazing reviews" have built the hotel up so much the you can not help but go with very high expectations. Had this not been the case we would not have been disappointed at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Regatta Hotels, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings