Arrived after an 8 hour flight approx 4pm bags arrived 10 mins later perfect!
hotel is on the side of a main road, but drops onto a lot lower level away from the road down to sea level, the pool as in the pictures runs in a loop around the inside of the property.
property is clean and tidy well looked after, most of the staff are exceptionally friendly as you would come to expect from the Bajan people, and one of my fav reasons for returning to the Island.
The beach is advertised as being a Caribbean sea beach hotel but is borderline and localy known as Brandons beach mostly flocked to by the surfers, so if calm water is what your after keep looking for a west coat hotel.
The private beach shuttle trip provided by the hotel is fine but nothing wonderful they state that it's part of your all inclusive but the drinks ticket system is provided by the hotel for the private bar on the beach, you are only entitled to two plastic cup soft drinks or bottles of beer! not great over 5 hours if your anything near human so expect to take your own or take your money with you. no real hustlers on the beach they have a guy sitting thats friendly to everyone with a small suitcase of local wear for sale, he was a good guy to ask questions and get real answers for local help.
The front desk staff were poor not all of them but generally poor, you ask for anything a little demanding and they get defensive and call the manager who is pleasant enough to listen but starts every sentence with a "but" and ended up solving none of my queries.
Be aware that this is a advertised by Virgin as a Family Hotel but first floor pool access is not good for infants or very young children as the 13 steps from the room doors lead straight into the pool..ground floor is better or 2nd floor with the enclosed balcony would have been ok (we moved room with no issue upon asking)
Over all we liked the hotel grounds and the beach, the amount of stairs around the hotel you have to climb to get to the restaurants and reception are hellish with a youngster and certainly the one working lift become a god send the down poors of rain made the stairs deadly but as already suggested the majority of staff were fantastic, the rooms we occupied were tired 223 (first floor) and 125 (ground floor) but sufficient and pretty much as expected for the Islands hotel ratings. their is room for improvement but you wouldn't hate the place unless you was setting out with expectations of luxury, and that gets expensive in Barbados..
Oh one other thing, the Spa does not exist anymore so no massage or pampering service is available.
before i get flamed for my opinion this is not a dig at the hotel it is my opinion of my experience, your welcome to take it on board or refuse it.
if you would like any further info feel free to contact me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, HotelsClick and Regatta Hotels so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings