We stayed at the Savannah Beach Hotel for three nights before a week long cruise as part of a package with Virgin. We had upgraded our room to a Ocean Suite, but all the rooms looked to be reasonably placed. Our room was on two floors with two balconies, both overlooking the pool and beach. Apart from some minor repairs and redecorating, the room was fine. The first night we ate in Rachel's Restaurant which as it was a Sunday was the only option, it was a buffet which was adequate, but nothing special. However the other two nights it was a la carte, all included in the price, there were some high prices shown on the menu, but we were told these were for locals! The food on these two nights was very good, plenty of choice, not massive portions, but then there was breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, all good, so no fear of going hungry. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We upgraded to the Club Package which included drinks in our room, this was meant to e restocked on every other day, although this was limited. Thre was also some beer, but nothing to open it with!
Not sure that I would do the Club Package next time, but would certainly come back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near the historic Garrison Savannah on the pristine coastline of Barbados, Savannah Beach Hotel is a beachfront four-star resort that easily ranks as one of the most idyllic destinations on the island. It is a Caribbean paradise that simply must be experienced! Forget everything you’ve ever known or experienced about all-inclusive hotels… Savannah is distinctly different. It is an all-inclusive hotel with style! Dive in… Savannah is an excellent choice for a relaxed Caribbean holiday. You are just steps from the beach, ensuring a blissful holiday in the Caribbean sun. Spoilt for choice, there are 2 swimming pools, 1 that meanders through the garden courtyard and has a 4-storey waterfall, the other is located down by the beach. When it comes to family holidays, children and teens are extremely well catered for at this hotel, there is an extensive family entertainment centre (opening Easter ’12) to keep even the most energetic children entertained! For those romantic moments, why not go down to the beach for a moonlight romantic stroll before heading to the late night bar. Live entertainment 5 nights per week, including themed nights and floor shows. Weekly manager’s barbecue party. Three restaurants; the main restaurant has a twist on Caribbean gourmet dining, open for buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The Beach restaurant and bar is open 7 days a week for lunch and 5 days a week for dinner serving a wide range of barbecue, pastas, grilled fish and burgers for lunch and in the evening a themed dinner including Mexican, Indian, Chinese as well as Caribbean cuisine. There is also an Asian fusion* restaurant open 5 nights a week for dinner (16 years and over only, a supplement of $25 BDS per person will apply). 4 bars including a late night bar that opens from 11.00pm – 1.00am. Afternoon tea is served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Savannah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savannah Beach Hotel Hastings
- Savannah Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Christ Church
- Savannah Hotel Barbados
- Savannah Barbados
- Savannah Beach Barbados/Hastings